Canter Fg637 Rebirth

Candy

Friday morning. First of January, 2016. Check everything again. Stickers are gone. Prime the fuel. Will it start? Did we miss anything? Oh well, let's give it a go….
Yes. Started beautifully first go. All sounds and looks good.
“Happy New Year”.

Candy

Yes, Bris31. It is a great start to the year. I miss my truck greatly. Everyday I walk out to my driveway and go "Oh. That's right. It is not here."
Dan has been working on it. I had to go home and back to work.
There has been more progress on it.

Aussie Iron

Explorer

Dan has been working on it. I had to go home and back to work.
There has been more progress on it.

Sure have. The new Canter didn't have aircon but it does now, retro fitted from the old one. And it's cool too. Had to change over a fair bit of wiring to make it all work.
Tray has been removed again, striped the old tool boxes and guards from it and am about to clean and paint the under side before refitting. Then it will get new guards.

Dan.

Bris31

Adventurer
Hi Dan/Candy, is the tray going to be bolted straight to chasis or will be spring mounted? Also truck will be work horse, RV or both?

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Hi Dan/Candy, is the tray going to be bolted straight to chassis or will be spring mounted? Also truck will be work horse, RV or both?

At this stage it will be u-bolted back to the chassis rail as it was. It has timber runners between tray and chassis. The camper boxes will be mounted to the tray (not hard bolted) and will not really be removed. Spring mounts will be looked at when it finally gets it's full camper build.

Dan.

Candy

More work has been done to the truck. My brother from Townsville came to visit my 2 brothers in Gladstone for a week. So last weekend I picked up my eldest sister from Gympie and we headed up there. A bit of a family get-together.

Tray Bottom1.jpg

Dan had prepared the bottom of the tray for painting and I set John to work. He painted the underside of the tray and then helped me do a few other things.

Rear Winch1.jpg Front Bumper1.jpg

The winch cradles, with the recovery points, winches and all the wiring have been transferred from the old truck to the new.

The tray is still to be fitted and top cleaned up and painted.

Henny

Candy

The winches are both 24v, Sherpa 4x4 winches called “The Steed”. They are both 17 000lbs with synthetic rope.

Candy

Another weekend. More work.
We got up to their place late afternoon and the sister-in-law was complaining about having to lay under my truck that morning and I asked why, but the subject changed and I forgot about it. Next day, Dan says to look underneath and to my surprise they fitted a water tank under the tray. Nice work.

Watertank1.jpg

Dan made up new U bolts to fix the tray to the chassis. He has been pretty busy on it. We managed to get a couple coats of paint on the tray before it rained. It is looking very bright. Can’t wait to get it dirty.

Trayfit1.jpg Longtray1.jpg

The tray is too long and has to shortened.
We fitted the inner front guards back on and changed the tyres from the old truck to this one. Now, it is starting to look good. I love Alan’s rims.

Trucktyres1.jpg

Henny:smiley_drive:

Candy

Now to finish this project so Dan can start on some more surprises. :Wow1:
:coffee: Wait for it.

New gauges for boost and EGT fitted into the dash.

Gauges1.jpg

Dan had to make up new guards for the rear wheels. He did a really good job. The tyres were borderline with the edge of the tray.

Rearguard1.jpg

While he was busy with rear guards he also made up the front flares.

Front Flare1.jpg

With the tray shortened and guards on, it was ready for painting.
The rear lights are fitted.

Rear Lights1.jpg Truck done1.jpg

Now to get modification plates, a safety certificate and registration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12