Canter FG649 SWB Camper Truck Build

Bris31

Adventurer
I should have mentioned bulb is good and also checked there is no voltage at the contact.
As Owen gave the clue, work backward from the blinker's relay and check distribution points (yet to locate) or joiners.
But is there a second fuse box for micro controls like individual LR blinkers etc?

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
But is there a second fuse box for micro controls like individual LR blinkers etc?

Mine is a newer truck than yours and, going by the wiring diagram I attached, there is only one fuse in the turn signal and hazard light circuit.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I am assuming that you can read an auto wiring diagram, but some people have issues with that task.
You need to follow the yellow wire that has a red stripe from the flasher unit to the rear, right blinker. According to the wiring diagram there are only two connectors between the flasher and tail lights.
Given that the other lights work, those connectors would be the first places I would check for voltage.

I have no idea what you have been doing around the chassis area, but maybe you have damaged that Yellow/Red wire somehow.
If it were me, I would work from the back to the front. Find the W01 connector and confirm continuity from the connector to the bulb holder. Assuming that is good, check continuity between the W01 and W11 connectors.
There is also the plug between the combination lamp and harness, which I did not mention.

View attachment 329166

Last edited:

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Also if you have a trailer plug on the truck see if the right hand blinker works as well because trailer plugs cause a lot of problems.
Number 4 pin on the common 7 pin plug or 3 on a 6 pin plug.

Bris31

Adventurer
Does the brake/tail ,lamp reverse bulbs work on that side?

Yes, brake light, reverse and parking light work on that side.

Also if you have a trailer plug on the truck see if the right hand blinker works as well because trailer plugs cause a lot of problems.
Number 4 pin on the common 7 pin plug or 3 on a 6 pin plug.

Trailer plug is there but don't have trailer, and never used since I bought the truck 8 months ago.

PKDreamers

Adventurer
If you test the trailer plug and the blinker pin works you will know that the problem is after the tap in of the trailer r/h blinker or if it doesn't the problem is before the tap in.
I have came across a few drama s with trailer plugs even if they are not even used.

Bris31

Adventurer
Sorted :sombrero:
Rear blinker wire was detached from the connector, covered with wire sleeve just behind the rear section of chasis.
Thanks guys for the clues, learned few things along the way.
Cheers

Bris31

Adventurer
So the work is completed to the point where we could go for 4 days bush camping and to test off-road driving capability with a group of Prados, Patrol etc.
Made a list of things which needs fixing and more additions, otherwise it is never ending project :sombrero:

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 91

corrupt

Observer
Looks good, What do you think of your composting toilet? Im keen for one but not sure about picking it up, carrying it through the truck then trying to tip it over into a bag.

Raker

Observer
Hi Corrupt, allow me to add my two cents. Simply slide top section off (lid) undo mounting screws, place bag over entire unit and flip, bit of a shake, put bag on floor and re set base in mounts, add coir, replace top, done. That's how I do it and I use the compost on the garden. Cheers Steve

Bris31

Adventurer
@corrupt, we used composting toilet in our last trip for about 8 times for #2 (and several #1). No smell in cabin, ease of preparing etc. (except the peat moss which was shipped with product was too dry, took a while to moist and pour in the bowl). We went for 4 wheeling on rough tracks for hrs without any issue. It is not pleasant subject but this item (or rather with my better half) was on our top of the list when building our camper. and it passed our expectations with flying colors. I haven't done the last bit yet - i.e. emptying. But I am sure as Raker has mentioned (and many others, also shown in manufacturer's demo video), it shouldn't be that difficult. I am sure process will become smoother as I go.

And thanks Raker for your 2 cents!

Cheers

Bris31

Adventurer
Photos from the trip at Tooloom Falls (North NSW):

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 12.jpeg
    12.jpeg
    304.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 14.jpeg
    14.jpeg
    382.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 15.jpeg
    15.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 49

Bris31

Adventurer
Some additions and refinements still needs to be done - like arch wheel flairs, wind deflector, front suspension, awning, outside slide table for quick stops etc.

In the meantime few photos from our recent trip in Carnarvon Gorge and Mt Moffatt regions in central Queensland.

Attachments

• 0-0.jpeg
    0-0.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 0-1.jpg
    0-1.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 0-2.jpg
    0-2.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 35
  • 0-3.jpeg
    0-3.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 0-3a.jpeg
    0-3a.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 0-4.jpg
    0-4.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 59

yabanja

Explorer
YES!

It looks great! Congrats on your maiden voyage. Isn't it a great feeling to get out of the shop and into the wilds!

Allan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12