• adelaide 081.jpg
    adelaide 081.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 14
  • adelaide 080.jpg
    adelaide 080.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 14

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Quite agree 2 weeks is not long to be up there and as I have said you are more than welcome to stay up there longer and side track around. We have been up the track to the Cape twice before (along the track) and looked at the place so this is more to accompany anyone else in the harder parts that wants to do the run up the there. The tracks are narrow in places but we have had no trouble getting through even the first year when we had the slide-on camper on the back. Nice stuck you have there - it wouldn't back out of there ?

The Landrover looks to be having trouble at Palm Creek heading south and may need a bit of a pull to get him out of the road.

Not sure on weight of my rig but yes it has modified front springs (been lengthened 25mm from centre bolt back and more set). Same deal with the rear and I have left the helper but it shouldn't really sit on them. There are a lot of different ways to try and improve the Canter ride, I see you have gone for air bags in the front and coil assist in the rear with traction rods ?? Dirt -- you have seen nothing yet, mine is no different as it is a vehicle that I use and not sit in the driveway to admire.

Dan.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Well this is to bring it back to the top and do an up date.
Front ends been all rebuilt haven't had a chance to try the front diff centre out in anger but that will come.
The offer to come along is still open even if it's not in your Canter. I'm sure we could get your Commodore through - well at least your bumper.

Dan.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
I'm looking forward to it - you've posted up some great footage in the past.

Safe travels, and may the trail rise up to greet you!

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Still working on getting things done. Fitting new tyres, I have been running Kuhmo KL71 and had a new set sent up from Melbourne. But when I was in at our local tyre dealer picking up truck tyres we got to talking about our trip and he asked if I would be interested in running a newly available tyre to try out. So he has made available for the right price a set of 6 Goodride SL386 tyres in 315/75x16 127Q rated. They are a little lighter in weight being 30Kg instead of 32Kg and look good.

DSCF3194a.jpgDSCF3197a.jpg

Dan.

Amesz00

Adventurer
They look almost identical to the BFG muddies. If they perform anything alike they should be good, mate runs the BFGs on his 80 with success.
Btw think that's the 1st full photo of your truck I've seen? Looks good mate.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Well the day is here. My sister (Candy) turned up this afternoon and we are of to Townsville tomorrow and will be leaving there on Monday the 10th to head to the top. All going well we will do a trip report in 5 or 6 weeks.

Dan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears