Cariboo / Chilcotin, BC Canada Backroads Exploration

Hey guys,

Here are a few pictures of our end of summer camping trip up through Chilcotin country. We loaded up our rented tent trailer on a Sunday morning and hit the road for a well deserved weeks long vacation in our beautiful BC backcountry. We drove a total of 2700kms, with a solid chunk of that being dirt road travel. Our destination and camp of choice was Puntzi Lake, which is roughly 100kms west of Lee's Corner gas station and proved to be an excellent middle point for multiple day excursions. We even had power hookup at our campsite, it was pretty rough ;) haha. We managed to explore a ton of areas West of Lee's Corner all the way to Bella Coola, including; Tatlayoko Lake, Chilko Lake/River, Horn, Sapeye and Bluff Lakes, Miner Lake, Perkins Peak, Nimpo Lake, Tatla Lake, Hagensborg, Bella Coola Valley, Anahim Lake etc... We ran out of time and were not able to explore East of Lee's corner which includes Nemiah Valley, Taseko River/ Lake, Gang Ranch and Farwell Canyon. But that's ok because it gives us an excuse to make another trip back out there next year and continue exploring this vast wilderness playground. I posted some of the pictures on my photobucket account as I'm too lazy to resize all of them, lol. Keep in mind all of these pictures were taken with your average point and shoot digital camera and it doesn't seem to capture the raw beauty of this area. Just upgraded cameras yesterday to a Panasonic Lumix GX1 which we are excited to start using.

Enjoy! :sombrero:

http://s938.photobucket.com/user/allterrainoutfitters/slideshow/

thedjjack

Dream it build it
Link works for me...miss the chilcotin my old stomping grounds...now work on the west side of those little mountains

Southpaw

It is nice to see such beautiful places, do you know the game path of exile, there are many great places in it, and I think it is also a kind of experience as well.
And when you get the [link to virus site removed] in the game, everything would be great.

Guys, don't click on this link. My virus software went crazy when I did.

nat

Adventurer
What's weird is I can't view the pictures here at home, but I can at work. I use Firefox both places.

BC_Explorer

Little late to the tread. I spent a month (June) traveling and exploring through the same area from Williams Lake to Bella Coola. Also stayed at Puntzi Lake (Forest Rec Site) for 2 days on the road west and 2 days heading east. Literally a trip of a lifetime and found that one month was not enough and plan many more trips up there in the next few years.

The highlight (which you missed on your trip) is Farwell Canyon. One of the best kept secrets in all of BC and worth the 17 km drive in and down. The all weather gravel road is kept in good condition and easily traversed with a car in the dry summer weather. There is no camping allowed in the upper and lower canyon but once you cross over the bridge, you are out of the protected areas, there are some good places to camp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78