cb in a wj??

Mr Nice Guy

ok so iv decided which lift im gonna go with and tires im still bouncein back and fourth cant decide between mts or ats.. but while i wait since im in no rush it got me thinking about things i can do for cheap and myself so heres a small summary

ill be building a roof rack and wiring 6 lights to it, maby 8 when alls said nd done.. each light will be wired to its own switch (so i can have my fun) and hopefully get more experience with wireing.. im looking for a sorce tho.. i saw one run on an 10 tacoma that said it works for tjs but i dont know if itll work for my wj

a cb.. still trying to figure this one out and could use some advice from ppl running these.. i have a cobra I9 ultra III got it for xmas so it was free (who doesnt love free) and im thinking about mounting it in my center console but it gets warm in there an i dont know if that will hurt it.. so if anyone has a better place to mount it besides on the side of the console im open to suggestions im not a fan of that mount.. also what antenna would i want for light trail talk? im looking for maby a 2-5 mile range i would think because of the hills around here but dont want a whip (bad experiences) so would 2 3'' fire stiks work well? also how do u run 2 and where would be the best place to mount them? im thinking in the taillights due to clearence reasons

oppinions please and thank you, and sorry for the long post

F3X

Mount it to your new light bar. The higher the better. Get a QD so no one snags it in town or get a clamp style so you can lay it down when not using it.
2nd best: Front fender or tail light mount like a lot of guys do.
Tail light looks the best but doesn't always work the best.
4' firestick works OK.
The local truck stop usually stop has tons of CB stuff.

Mine is tail light mounted using a firestick mount modified and a QD. I get 5+ miles on a stock Uniden in town and more on the hwy.
Tune it! It makes a difference. Get a SWR meter or have it done for you.

Mr Nice Guy

yeah i think im gonna have to go with the taillight mount, only because alot of the trails i ride are overgrown so im already gonna have to put it on a spring to help with play i think and then good idea with the quick disco i didnt even think of that..

where did u mount the actual cb tho? cause i kinda like the idea of haveing it in the center thingy and then maby knockin the pins out of the hunges and puttin like a cotter pin to still have it secured, just removable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman