CB Install in 2008 Ford F-350 XLT

Lutzy48

I have a 2008 Ford F-350 XLT that I want to install a CB radio in. My experience with this is limited and I keep drawing a blank on internet searches. In the dashboard is a section below the radio where there is a slot and a coin holder. It appears that this whole section is removable. Does anyone know if there is room to install a radio in this position? Any aftemarket parts I would need? Thanks in advance. BTW, I can post photos tomorrow if will help.

Alan

BigJimCruising

Adventurer
A few threads down is a nice install of an in dash radio. Different truck I think but will give you an example. http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32616

Best thing to do would be to open your dash up and measure what room you have. Then find the CB to fit. They come in all sizes and shapes so finding one to fit shouldn't be a problem. If you can get one with a forward facing speaker it will save you having to add a remote speaker. You might have to fab your own mounting brackets but that's pretty easy to do. Add the antenna and your done!

Lutzy48

I had seen this. Nice installation. I was just hoping that someone had first-hand experience with the XLT. I will have no trouble figuring it out, I'm sure. I just hate re-inventing the wheel when I don't have too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78