CB problems - Low volume on transmit

ExploringNH

Explorer
I have had a problem with my CB since Ive owned it. I have a Cobra 75wxt or whatever the model is that has all of the controls in the handset and a small box to mount remotely. I have a Firestik 4' antenna and some generic cabling. The small box has a metal case and is not grounded. It is mounted to my plastic center console area. It does not have provisions for a ground wire to be run to it. All it has for connections are antenna out, mic in, and +/-12v. My antenna is mounted to my steel rear bumper with a stainless steel firestik mount.

When I transmit, everyone can hear me, but its very quiet compared to anyone else in the group, to a point of almost not being able to hear me. I can hear everyone else just fine.

I used to have a cheap radio shack magnetic mount antenna that I thought was causing the problem, but I replaced that with the Firestik this weekend and ran a new cable at the same time and am still having the problem. I metered my SWR when I installed the new antenna and am below 1.5 on both channel 1 and 40.

Any ideas on why its transmitting so quietly, but still clearly? Could it be a grounding problem?

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Look into..............

Modulation.........

It may not have been set right at the factory.

Or......

You may have an external dial where you can turn it up.

Also. Make sure your antenna "SWR" is set perfect, and good ground plane.

Get your antenna up high with no part of your rig blocking it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior