CDN M101 in Vegas

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
Just got back from Fishlake National Forest just outside Beaver UT. We camp about a mile from Manderfield Resevoir at about 8000'. The weather was perfect and the only issue was the flies during the day. This was the first time out with the new Kukenam XL and it's amazing how much more spacious it felt than the old Kukenam. The metal rings along the bottom worked great for the closet organizers we hung to keep gear handy. Added some led lights from Big Agnes along the rain fly that gave enough illumination at night to find what we needed.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Also picked up a 10'x15' all weather mat from Walmart for around $50.00 and used it for our living room with the new REI table.

image.jpg

There were also enough trees to get some use out of my hammock.

image.jpg

And we had some company our first night.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Really looks great and you've done a fantastic job-

I've got mine mounted/used and really happy withit-bears don't like the smell, luckily -

007_zps7705eb3b.jpg

maiden%20tepui%20tent%20use%20037_zpsfhubmd7o.jpg

maiden%20tepui%20tent%20use%20033_zpsbe69dpqh.jpg

Much more secure and safer than ground tenting-

Whatever

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
So, my "old" Kukenam tent found a very good home with a guy in southern CA who was planning a multi-week trip up the coast. We have stayed in touch and he is sending updates.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Got this text message - "Day 1 el capitan beach. Loving it ... We are the hit of camp. Lol"

vegasjeepguy

Adventurer
Another quick overnighter in Carpenter Canyon (40 mi NW of Vegas in the Spring Mountains) with my 17 year old son. Even though it was just one night, I like to take all the gear I would normally use for a multi-day trip to stay in practice. Weather was clear and cool in the 70s during the day and 30s at night. The Tepui Kukenam XL was roomy and warm...it help to have a few down comforters and a catalytic propane heater. Definitely a big improvement over the regular Kukenam it replaced a few months ago. We need to do this more...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member