Center Console for almost everyone.

TEJASYOTA

Adventurer
I was web searching RAM Mounts to check out mounts for my phone and future GPS unit.
And saw this....

vc109z.jpg

Talk about flexibility.
Only concern is that it is (9-inches) wide.
Too wide for the earlier Tacomas...only a 6.5-inch would work.
Very cool stuff, either way...check it out.

RAM Mount Center Console - click here

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Doesn't your taco have a floor shifter versus a steering column shifter? :confused:

This wouldn't work in my Montero because it has a floor shifter plus the e-brake is also there :(

Connie

Day walker, Overland Certified OC0013
That IS cool! I watched the assembly three times. I especially like the armrest addition.

TEJASYOTA

Adventurer
Doesn't your taco have a floor shifter versus a steering column shifter? :confused:

This wouldn't work in my Montero because it has a floor shifter plus the e-brake is also there :(

I never said I bought it or installed it....hence the comment about 6.5-inches of clearance between seats. ;)

Now if they made one for 6.5", I would seriously look at it, instead of getting a Tuffy center console. That RAM unit is WAY more configurable than Tuffy.

edit - - forgot to say, yes I do have a floor shifter :)

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I never said I bought it or installed it....hence the comment about 6.5-inches of clearance between seats. ;)

Now if they made one for 6.5", I would seriously look at it, instead of getting a Tuffy center console. That RAM unit is WAY more configurable than Tuffy.

edit - - forgot to say, yes I do have a floor shifter :)

OK. Was wondering about that.

TEJASYOTA

Adventurer
I like it but it wouldn't work in my Kj. I have a floor shifter and e brake there.

There are 4 main lengths of the boxes and I bet the main base can be modified to make it fit trucks with floor shifters. Hence all the different mount points available.

02TahoeMD

Explorer
These center consoles are really expensive new. If you want to do this, shop eBay a bit, you can find a center console used for as low as $40. Then you only have to spend money buying new trim plates to match your application.

Here is mine when I first finished it off

And the current configuration

ConsoleApr09.jpg

Underneath the paint....is the same system as a RAM mount filling the gap between floor console and the dash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears