Center diff automatic??

Mr. Snappy

Adventurer
So, was out crawling around Sedona Saturday with a friend and his 80 series LC. we got to talking afterwards, and he was telling me that my center diff lock comes on automatically when 4low is engaged. However, mine has A-trac, so does the center diff lock without any driver input? There was no indication on the dash icons that it was locked.
Kinda new to the off-road world, and trying to figure out how this thing works exactly. It's LC100.
Thanks!

The 100 series has a button below the hazards that locks the center diff in high range, and I believe it lights up a dash light. It is locked automatically when you put it in low unless someone has modified the wiring. I can get a picture of both if you want

Mr. Snappy

Adventurer
No dash lights come on, and I really doubt the previous owned modded anything. It was bone stock when I got it. Does the fabled pin 7 mod apply to the hundy as well as the 80 series?

The pin 7 mod is possible with the 100 series. Sitting in a parking lot I just turned on the center diff and there is a dash light. I'll try to upload a picture from my phone

Mine does, yes, you might have a burnt out bulb maybe, but that seems odd as it's not used nearly as much as others. It's possible the pin 7 mod was done to your truck

hoser

Explorer
At some point in production, maybe MY2000+, the auto CDL-Low feature was removed... Pin-7 mod not needed.

That makes sense, mine is a 99, I wish it came from the factory without the auto cdl because the pin 7 mod keeps traction control on normal mode instead of low range mode

Traction control but not atrac. It's just a lower form for the street, it's not vsc either, and also the anti lock brakes are still active at all times if you do the pin 7 mod. 2000+ got vsc and atrac and lost the locker

Mr. Snappy

Adventurer
So, how do I know for sure what I have? There is an active trac lamp that lights up when I start the crusher, and that's all I've seen. Doesn't light up or change when I go into 4low.

Mr. Snappy

Adventurer
So apparently I don't need the pin7 mod? I just put it into 4 low, no dash lights came on. Then hit the cdl button, and bazinga, diff lock icon and tc lamps came on.

So, how do I know for sure what I have? There is an active trac lamp that lights up when I start the crusher, and that's all I've seen. Doesn't light up or change when I go into 4low.

I could be wrong, but I thought the light would only come on if there is a problem with the system? Since unlike the 4Runner/Tacoma/fj the 100 series does not have selectable atrac I thought

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger