Central & South America – OFF ROAD

dinoevo

Adventurer
Thanks guys, appreciate your comments. Yes, some bridges off the beaten path can be pretty sketchy. Once you left them behind you it is all fun, but during your attempt to slowly drive over them you kind of stop breathing :)

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Awesome vid.

I'm interested in how you made the Parallax effect? Did you do that manually? With what software?

Also, how do you get permission to use someone's music like that?

Thanks,
-Dan

Claudio Samuca

Thanks dinoevo. You really inspired us... Our latest expedition crossing the South America (Rio de Janeiro/Atacama Desert/Rio de Janeiro). Hope you enjoy it.

IceCase88

That Delica seems to slice through most of that terrain like a hot knife through butter. Very impressive. I wish they had some in the US. That river crossing at 2:40 was pretty sketchy too. Great video! It allows many of us to live vicariously through you since must of us won't get a chance to do these kinds of adventures. Thank you!

OttawaXJ

Observer
I'm always amazed those things dont spend half the time on their sides. I dont know if I could handle the stress of driving one lol

dinoevo

Adventurer
Awesome vid. I'm interested in how you made the Parallax effect? Did you do that manually? With what software? Also, how do you get permission to use someone's music like that? Thanks, -Dan
Parallax Effect is done with Photoshop and After Effects. As for music you need to look for the right Creative Common Licence.

great videos, I really want to travel off the beaten path like you are doing. How are you finding which roads/trails to drive on?
For most of the very small/bad roads which you hardly find on a regular map (unless you have some topo or military maps) it is just a lot of trial and error as well as asking locals, but in general maps from here: https://www.reise-know-how.de/landkarte-c-228.html are pretty detailed and good for a trip like that.

That Delica seems to slice through most of that terrain like a hot knife through butter. Very impressive. I wish they had some in the US. That river crossing at 2:40 was pretty sketchy too. Great video! It allows many of us to live vicariously through you since must of us won't get a chance to do these kinds of adventures. Thank you!
The Delica is a fantastic platform for this kind of travel. It is just a misconception of many people in the overland community that you need winch, 35"s and a roll-cage to travel the world.

I'm always amazed those things dont spend half the time on their sides. I dont know if I could handle the stress of driving one lol
If you plan and pack right, almost everything heavy is pretty low and the body itself is light weight.We never had the slightest stress that a Delica flips over. It is of course not as solid as a Hummer, but plenty stable for overlanding in remote areas.

@PetitFrereArmada
@stolz
@PoloTurbo

Thanks guys for your kind words!

@GetOutThere
@ExpeditionDreamers
@joeyabisa
@bernardbarbour

I'm working on one more video, but time is very limited right now, so this might take a few more months to finish.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998