Cheap Black Wheels? Spacers?

I'm looking for a set of cheap black wheels. They need to fit my 2001 Tacoma. I saw a set on summit but read that I may have to do something to my brake calipers for them to fit. I want something that'll stick out slightly too. Also, curious about spacers, anyone here run them? I just have a fear that something would go wrong with them, is this irrational? Pics and links appreciated

ebg18t

Adventurer
A quality hubcentric spacer from a company like AllPro or Spidetrax is fine. They need to be installed properly and the nuts need to be properly torqued. If installed correct they are excellent. If installed incorrectly there is a chance of failure, but with many things user error is the cause of problems.

I am running hubcentric AllPro's with extended tip lug nuts & red lock tite on the threads.

A quality hubcentric spacer from a company like AllPro or Spidetrax is fine. They need to be installed properly and the nuts need to be properly torqued. If installed correct they are excellent. If installed incorrectly there is a chance of failure, but with many things user error is the cause of problems.

I am running hubcentric AllPro's with extended tip lug nuts & red lock tite on the threads.

these?
https://www.allprooffroad.com/84894runnerdrivetrain/19

FJOE

Regular Dude
Why not just get stock steel wheels for that year of tacoma? I got my FJ wheels off ebay, 5 shipped for about 375.

-You know hey will fit
-They are factory
-no need for spacers

YotaPilot

Adventurer
I also run spidertrax spacers. Great quality product. I run them with 2nd Gen Tacoma TRD Offroad Wheels because the offset is different from the 1st gen TRD. I'm also running skinny tires (235/85R16) so between this and the offset, the spacers give the truck a better stance.

8084682589_07e9d7a123_c.jpg

10314046843_311ababc9b_c.jpg

Jeffrey Patrick

I ran a nice set of black steelies from Wheelers Off-road that are made for the Tacoma, no spacers required. Gave them away to a friend when I found a set of 16" 4runner wheels. I think Wheelers price was $69.00 ea. my friend wheels them hard.

4runnerteq

Explorer
I ran spidertrax spacers on my 97 runner for a few months. Took a 1000 mile road trip with em on & took em off on return. They did fine but made me nervous the whole time. Any time I got a little vibe I was afraid one was loose. All was tight when I took em off and I may put back on. Tires rub at full lock and have very little clearance when straight.

Revco

Adventurer
I run stock 16x7 4.5" BS OEM 1st Gen Tundra Steel Wheels on my '01 Tacoma with BFG 265/75/16 All Terrain KO's. Only rubs on drivers side frame at full lock, pinch welds have been clearanced. These are the same size and backspacing wheels as the OEM wheels that were on my truck, so they fit without issue. Currently my truck is stock suspension, but once I install the 5100's that have been sitting in the box for a month, and once I get around to bastardizing the rear suspension I am going to get a set of 285/75/16 BFG MT's and some Spidertrax spacers to clear the extra meat on the new tires.

IMAG0413-1.jpg

IMAG0422.jpg

IMAG0418.jpg

IMAG0435.jpg

These wheels are also the same as the OEM spare wheel on 1st gen Tacoma 4x4's and PreRunners, but finding 4 of those is harder than finding a set of OEM Tundra steelies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears