Cheap Cherokee mods...

GTABurnout

Explorer
Flashlight Mount
DSCN0033.jpg

Le Barron Hood Vents

DSCN0014.jpg

DSCN0030.jpg

Cheap Trunk mounted in the back to hold all the stuff that stays in the jeep.

DSCN0001.jpg

Now I have a Tire carrier so the full size spare is out back and the trunk is mounted to the OEM tire holder.

Waytec

Adventurer
Sorry about taking so long to get the photos of the thumb throttle very busy life right now, Jeep clubs, work, planning wedding (I thought that was the brides job and I was gust told when and where to show up. Boy was I wrong), and enjoying the summer.
You can see how I clamped the cable to the throttle linkage. This spot was where the cruse control attached and I believe all 4.0L have the same linkage curse or no cruse.
swingtankskid008.jpg

I routed the cable along the transmission and secured it to different spots that I could get a Zip Tie around. You can not see any on them because they are above the transmission and I could not get the camera in to take a pic. The cable cam up and I attached it beside the foot throttle cable.
swingtankskid009.jpg

swingtankskid011.jpg

To get it out of the cab I went down through the boots.
swingtankskid012.jpg

jwtrapper

Observer
Real003.jpg

Real002.jpg

I put an air hose reel in the passenger cubby hole on my last XJ. I still need to put it into the new build but I am waiting for my rear bumper first so I can figure out were I want to put the hole for the hose to come out. Its hooked up to my York air compressor setup. I have the compressor on the new jeep but not the air tank or hose yet.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Cheap mod is to buy a drum sander for your drill and hone the reducing ring out of the throttle body. Look just below the butterfly and see how it's necked down for no reason. Take it all apart and sand the ridge down. Cheap free bored throttle body. Stay away from the area that the buterfly closes against.

I also use the LaBaren vents but a free solution is to remove your hood to cowl gasget and bend down the metal on the firewall that holds the gasget in place. If you still want more air then adjust the hood as far foward as you can and throw a few washers under the hood bolts to jack it up. I used longer bolts and thick spacer washers and then I leaned down hard on the hood corners so the hood does not apear to be jacked up. I get way more air thru that mod than the little hood vents. It will pull hot engine air in thru the vents so recuculate is needed in the summer.Same problem with hood vents.

Converting to a 99 intake is also a great cheap mod if you whant a little more umph.

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
BTT! Curious now that others have had time...

Mine include:

CB radio mounted between visors (~$100-200 depending on radio)
AUxiliary HID lights (~$200)
Fire extinguisher - covered
Flashlights - covered
Little work lamp mounted in cargo area (mine didn't come with one) - ($15)
Upgraded CD player and speakers ($xxx depends on how much you want to spend - gets $$$ real quick though)

That's about all I've done really...You could probably build a drawer system for cheap out of some trashed plywood and some screws like I'm going to do when I get some time.

Without stating the obvious;
1500watt inverter built in
12V utility built in
Fire extinguisher mounted
shovel/survival fishing rod mounted
Vital fluid storage
DSCN5472.jpg

Riot

I do NOT want to drive over 100 miles on the freeway without doors...just my .02c :smiley_drive:

I dont want to do 45 minutes on high way again. I more meant like on nice trails, better scenery, fresh air, all the good stuff!:wings:

ExpoMike

A couple somewhat cheap but great mods I have done.

Door pockets sold by a member on NAXJA, nice to be able to put a bottle of water and some maps in the door.

PICT5070.jpg

Montana Fab transmission controller. I REALLY love this mod. To be able to hold 1st or 2nd gear as I want to and not have it shift up or down at the worst time.

PICT5835.jpg

DrMoab

Explorer
Montana Fab transmission controller. I REALLY love this mod. To be able to hold 1st or 2nd gear as I want to and not have it shift up or down at the worst time.

PICT5835.jpg

Can you give me a link for this controller? Will it work on the OBD II systems? I was under the impression that nothing would work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger