Cheap Fridge <$400 shipped

roadkill

Adventurer
my fridge survived in my truck unsecured during a rollover last Tues. I used mine primarily at work so the fridge stayed in the back seat without being tied down. never again. I'm ok, walked away with just a bump on my head and minor pain. I didn't even need pain meds, not even an aspirin. anyways the fridge now has a very small dent in the lid and the lids was slightly tweaked but I think I was able to pull it back straight again. it ended up coming unplugged and flipped over onto its side during the accident. went home and plugged it in later that night (needed for work the next day) and it worked on both 12V and 110V. today some of my drinks had frozen condensation on them. I need to thoroughly clean it out and see if its still sealing up good or not. time will tell. my opinion of this fridge is great. it survived quit a beating and it still works.

pics of truck:
DSC04415.jpg

DSC04416.jpg

yubert

Explorer
Just curious Roadkill, what caused the rollover? Looked pretty bad but good to see you're doing okay.

roadkill

Adventurer
it was raining for the first time in months. we're 15" plus below normal. the state just got done putting some kind of seal coat on the highway. it wasn't an asphalt of any kind but some kind of oil I think as they just sprayed each lane with the stuff and it darkened the road. I left work and was changing lanes to go around a slow car and as I accelerated (not heavily) the rear end broke loose and I fishtailed till I spun out and went into the median. the median is in a V shape and as I went uphill the truck caught and rolled once landing right side up. and here I am today, safe and doing good, thank God.

ExpoMike

WOW!!! :Wow1:

Glad you are okay but man, the damage to the truck, you would think you would have faired much worse. Glad the fridge didn't attack you. Glad you are going to tie it down in the future.

Good report of a very extreme usage of this fridge and it still works.

texaslawman

Observer
Took the fridge on a 4 day hunt stayed at 33 degrees the whole time with maybe 15 min of driving each day. Outside temps were in the high 90's. Even cooled down a hot 30 pack of drinks within an hour. Bad ground wire was the fix.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Took the fridge on a 4 day hunt stayed at 33 degrees the whole time with maybe 15 min of driving each day. Outside temps were in the high 90's. Even cooled down a hot 30 pack of drinks within an hour. Bad ground wire was the fix.

Thanks for letting us know of the results. I'm glad you kept at the problem to discover the issue and get the solution in place.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
I guess I am still relegated to just 7 days of ice blocks in da cooler, for now.

i had a system that kept ice for a long time in the AZ heat, but lemme tell ya, not having to do the ice thing and all its related rituals with my food in the cooler has been worth every penny i spent on the fridge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle