Cheap Fridge <$400 shipped

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
and a couple shots of the 63qt fridge...thats a 24 pack down in there!!
100_3401.jpg

100_3402.jpg

Last edited:

mattman8706

Observer
I have been using my fridge all weekend while I am snowboarding out in colorado.

This thing is awesome! It took a little while to get the temperature down to about 40 but once it got there It has stayed cold even when I unlplugged it for about 12 hours.

I also left it plugged in all night and it didn't drain my battery down.

:victory:

Eventhough

Explorer
I have a set of locking plugs from Amazon on the way - I hope to install them before the season's first camping trip this weekend! :wings:

memcruiser

Observer
Returned fridge and received full refund. Customer service is outstanding. Wish I could find out what went wrong with mine.

WildSide

Ordered one for my FJC. $445 shipped. There is a code for $25 off FRZAPR. Expires April 30.

Getting closer to expedition ready.

Eventhough

Explorer
I used mine for 3 days straight bouncing around western NC and northern GA. It never skipped a beat and the wife LOVES it now!

My problem was the plug - the Amazon marine grade locking plugs rock!

1speed

Explorer
Used my wife's on the Expo trip from Fl to AZ and back including a couple hundred miles of dirt roads. Cold beer and fresh food all the way! :beer::eatchicke

Ryber

Well that blows:( !!!! No shipping to Canada... I guess its a 700 dollar ARB for me..To bad to.. this seems to fit the bill perfectly

Chris85xlt

Adventurer
The control buttons on mine never worked the minute i took it out from the box. Everything else worked fine and luckly it was hoovering around 29-34*F so i used it on my trip to Death Valley. Now its getting shipped back for warrently work.
Other then that it worked really well.

alosix

Expedition Leader
The control buttons on mine never worked the minute i took it out from the box. Everything else worked fine and luckly it was hoovering around 29-34*F so i used it on my trip to Death Valley. Now its getting shipped back for warrently work.
Other then that it worked really well.

Well that's unfortunate, but will be good to see how they deal with it. My gut would say its just a few wires loose. Had that happen to my Millermatic welder when I got it. Just too many bumps on the way to my house knocked a connector loose.

Jason

Photog

Explorer
Iv'e had that same problem with high-dollar electronics, when flying and traveling. Many times the computer boards in an electronics case will come loose.

The connectors in these refer's could probably be tightend up and glued together, and they would never come apart again. This would cost a lot of extra money to have the manufacturer do this. It is easier to just do this when you get it out of the box.

Turtle

I've had one of these fridges for a couple months now and haven't run it all that much lately. Mostly on and off. But, my compressor (round cannister?) now has a loose rattle to it over bumps on the street. Anybody else have any experience with this issue? I'm going to call customer support and see what they say as well.

Thanks,
Dan

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Can someone who has the 43qt do me a HUGE favor and take a quick measurement for me?

I need the height of the unit from the floor to the highest point of the lid when opened. Secondarily, I guess I could use the height from the floor to the top of the lid when the lid is opened enough to get the baskets out, but the max height would be best as a "worst case" number.

I have the dimensions for the unit, and I can sort of guess that the height of the chest + the width of the chest (close or equal to the "radius" of the swing of the lid) is close to this measurement, but that calculates to be REALLY CLOSE to my limit for the way I want to use this fridge. Close enough that I'd rather have a measurement because the stackup of all the "guesses" could make it not fit.

I'm worried that I'll have close to enough headroom to open the lid fully, but not quite. If I can't pull the baskets out, for example, then I'm in trouble.

Thanks much!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78