Cheapest A-Frame Camper: Build Series

ADDvanced

Good morning folks! Just wanted to share our Chalet Arrowhead camper we picked up a few months ago; we have property in the rockies and I wasn't sure this would survive the snow loads at 8k', so I started designing an A-frame to store my A-frame, sneak peak:

IMG_8181.JPG

that's all built/finished, video will be coming out of that build soon, but needed to do an intro video first, so here it is!

This was the cheapest A-frame camper I'd ever seen in my life; I am in Wisconsin so even seeing them out here is relatively rare since they're all made on the west coast. I know it has issues, but it was affordable and neaby, so I pulled the trigger. Love it so far! Cheers!

The next video will be how I fixed the roof delamination; I haven't seen a great video on that specifically for a-frame so stay tuned!

Last edited:

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
That's a pretty cool idea. What if you ever need to move the trailer? Could part of the wooden structure (maybe the front) be hinged, or otherwise removable (un-boltable?) for camper removal? Or is that opening in your diagram large enough for the trailer to fit through?

HopeOverLandandSea

I am guessing with the top folded down it will drive right out the front of that, pretty smart setup! You might even be able to add hinged section over the exit too to allow it to be folded out of the way as you go in/out and then in place to keep the snow off that corner. I have a 2021 Aliner Scout, I ended up putting a 3 inch lift on it and bigger off road (BFG KM3) tires so if you are ever planning on lifting yours keep that in mind!

schaumi

This was the cheapest A-frame camper I'd ever seen in my life; I am in Wisconsin so even seeing them out here is relatively rare since they're all made on the west coast. I know it has issues, but it was affordable and neaby, so I pulled the trigger. Love it so far!
A Liners, probably the biggest name in this style of camper, are made in western Pennsylvania.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior