Check your sportsmobile wiring!

Railvan

Adventurer
As an owner of multiple companies I fully understand and can see how something like this can "slip through the cracks" either be it by a bad day, bad judgement by employees, or lack of skill on a fundamental level. All of my companies have had a "bad day", and as a service based business a black eye incurred by poor performance is something that I try to avoid at all costs as one bad experience such as yours cannot be washed away nearly as quickly as it is incurred. No matter how hard any one company tries, as long as their is a human element involved in the creation of a product or final service rendered there will be issues with quality no matter how hard the company strives to be at the top of their game at all times.

...it would be great to one day log in and not have my hopes dashed of seeing some epic builds or incredible overland van platforms by seeing this thread at the top of the list every day. Sorry for the long post, and please give me a minute to put my flame suit on...

No need for the flame suit. Your post might be the most rational of all in this thread. Your expression of how hard it is for a company to keep things on the straight and narrow and not have one event give them a black eye for years (with posts on the 'net that won't die) is right on and refreshing to read.

I have debated posting in this thread, and until now have chosen not to, but yes, I'd love to wander through Expo looking for SMB related threads (like I do almost daily) and not have this be the top one!

jage

Observer
Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

the only options I can imagine to fix the poor cutting of the roof are as follows:

I'd thought about this too. "Best way" to fix this as a business or individual?

The top is so messed up in so many ways, and the roof cut problems I think pulling the pop top and going fixed top, which can have a larger hole would be my answer.

Sell the PH privately, there is a DIY market even if the tops are rare, and then finish out the van and sell, or enjoy as is- thinking I wouldn't be a fan of the PH anymore if this had been my experience.

Easy to armchair no doubt, but I think hypothetically problem solving is a good undertaking.

Bullsnake said:
I find it sad that this particular post is one of the top five most responded to threads in this particular forum.

I'm biased, this is pretty much the only thread I've read on ExPo, but I don't think it's because of the character of this thread, or the portal, or people on here...
h2.gif

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.

The directors of the firm hired to continue the credits after the other
people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been
sacked.
The credits have been completed in an entirely different style at
great expense and at the last minute.

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
“We don’t allow faster-than-light neutrinos in here,” says the bartender.
A neutrino walks into a bar.

Took me a second...

I've always liked:
Pirate walks into a bar with two peg legs, a hook, and an eye patch. Bartender says "wow, what happened to you?"
Pirate says: "yarr, it all happened over time! The first leg was taken off by a shark in Bermuda, and the second leg was a cannon ball off the cost of Louisiana. Me hand was bit off by a barracuda in Florida and they gave me this hook!"
Bartender says: "What happened to your eye?"
Pirate: "Arr, I looked up and a seagull pooped right in me eye!"
Bartender: "Wait - a seagull pooping took out your eye?"
Pirate: "narrr... it was the day after I got me hook!"

4xdog

Explorer
Did anyone see that spectacular full moonrise last night? One of the best things about the Midwest is the full moon in autumn.

Which reminds me... Anyone know how the man in the moon cuts his hair?

Eclipse it. :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman