Chevy 1500 AWD van door pockets - Kaizen foam

dleeallen

Adventurer
What is everyone using the front door pockets for on your Chevy/GMC 1500 AWD van? They are so deep I can't see much use for them. I started by using some Kaizen foam in the shallow one at the front of the door to make a custom small flashlight holder. I may add a grove for a pen too. Thinking of using some foam in the middle pocket to secure a 4D cell maglight. Not sure what else the pockets are good for except maybe a full size paper notebook.

Same question with the nooks in the dash. Thinking I might try to cut some of that sticky mat material for those nooks so stuff doesn't slide out at least.

IMG_0660.jpg

DKB2GO

Observer
How about a nook for a first aid kit or rain poncho?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

wjeeper

019374971762.jpg

http://www.lowes.com/pd/AWP-Polyester-Zippered-Closed-Tool-Bag/50175657
I have been using these for my van. They fit in the deep narrow pocket in the middle of the door really well. Currently keep my ratchet straps in one and jumper cables in the other door. They are like $10!

Mcarpenito89

Adventurer
Cool idea for the flashlight , I keep mine in the exact spot. Will use your foam idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dleeallen

Adventurer
Cool idea for the flashlight , I keep mine in the exact spot. Will use your foam idea

I got the foam from rocklerl when they had a few shipping promo. Was $13 for a 2'x4' piece. 1 1/8" thick I think.

dleeallen

Adventurer
I was also wondering if conversion van door panels might be a nice upgrade. I haven't really seen any to know how they are set up, but thinking they might at least be a bit softer on my elbow than the hard plastic of the factory panels.

I did try my Maxpedition Fatty organizer and it fits pretty well in the middle pocket, it's just half the height. But could work as an option. Also thinking I may use the rear pocket on one of the doors with a folder/notebook for the owners manual and such. No need having that in the doghouse compartment. I like having that for quick stashing stuff out of sight.

4Fox

Observer
I have an old Outdoor Research Backcountry Organizer that's set up as a 1st aid kit. Fits perfectly in the long, deep pocket. The shallow ones hold the garage door opener and a multitool

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998