Chevy Express - Stealth Camper - SOLD

dy9213

Price Drop: $11,500 Material cost was 17.5k without labor! Reverted back to OEM speaker system for price drop.

Hi Folks,

For sale is my Chevy Express passenger van that I converted into a camper. I built this van to use it in many ways beyond the typical conversion. I wanted good road noise isolation, legal carrying capacity for all eight passengers, separated internal storage for toys, insulation, full-sized bed, and completely stealth appearance to allow city camping. Fully base-lined and modded. Ready for adventure now or as starting point for your own project.

Overall, this van has performed above and beyond in the past two years (15k miles) that I have owned it. Granted I didn't get a chance to drive it all around US like I originally planned but I did boondock extensively and made many, many trips from SF to Tahoe for biking and skiing.

I am selling because I have already begun work on the next project. My living and commuting situation has also changed so I need something different as well. I had so much fun and so many great memories with this vehicle but it is time to move on.

Highlights:

Standing room: 6ft standing room inside.

Stealth: There are absolutely no external modifications. The windows are all limo-tinted. I have camped extensively in city areas without problems.

Flip-Up Bed: “double” sized bed towards the head and narrower at the foot. Flips up for larger living-area. The bed slates are IKEA LONSET. This is their most expensive model with adjustable stiffness.

Legal Passenger Seats: Retained OEM seats and seatbelts for 2nd/3rd row. Can seats eight legally. No obstruction from the bed when flipped up. Very comfortable for all passengers.

Large storage: Maximized cargo storage. I wanted to fit two mountain bikes and all gear in the back. The floor is covered with heavy-duty truck bed liner and waterproofed to protect the flooring. More storage also available on the side shelves. I have also carried snowboards and skis no problem. Skis fit right under the seat.

Full thermal insulation: 1.5in foam boards and denim-fiber insulation on entire roof, entire floor, and most of the sides. No fiberglass anywhere! This insulation actually makes noticeable different in thermal retention. Would complement a heater perfectly.

Full acoustic insulation: Mass Loaded Vinyl (1/8" thick, 1lb/ft2) and Constrained Layer Dampers tiles everywhere. I can guarantee this is the quietest full-size van you’ve ever driven.

Rear AC: Kept function rear AC with vent ducted through shelving and the side board. Rear control integrated into side board.

Mileage: 91,xxx miles
90% highway driven from SF to Tahoe, and a couple trips from SF to LA.

Model: 2006 Chevrolet Express 3500 LT, Passenger
Drivetrain: 6.0L Vorte Engine, 4L80E Transmission

1.jpg
2.jpg
DSCF6410 (1).jpg
DSCF6409 (1).jpg
3.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,001
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 786
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 779
Last edited:

peekay

Adventurer
in the pic, 4th from the bottom, is the bed flipped down? If so, do you have a pic of the bed flipped up?

dy9213

Price Drop: $11,500 Material cost was 17.5k without labor! Reverted back to basic speaker for price drop. Deck still has AUX input. Subwoofer to be removed and replaced with additional storage.

in the pic, 4th from the bottom, is the bed flipped down? If so, do you have a pic of the bed flipped up?

Yep! here you go.
12.jpg

ryanwmad

Hello, I'm potentially very interested in this van. I'd love to discuss it further as well as see some more pictures with the bed flipped up. I'd be happy to discuss over the phone or direct message (e-mail) or other. I'm new to the site, so don't want to violate any guidelines, ie, if discussions need to take place in the forum that is just fine with me. Just want to expedite the process and not waste anyone's time.

Thanks, and the van looks great!

Cheers,
RM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78