Chevy Express winch mounting?

chasespeed

Explorer
I have seen a van or 2 on here with a winch mounted in the factory bumper. DeWalts van comes to mind..

This is a company van... the stipulation of the winch, I need to find a way to mount it, while retaining bumpers, air bag, blah blah blah. Oh, and esthetics are important as well....

I did search... but.... findings were.... all over the place, and nothing specific.

Oh, and the front receiver with a remote winch is NOT an option(even if it is).... there is NO room in the van for a winch... Hell, I barely have enough room for me...

Thanks,
Chase

Reeg

I have the same problem. Did you ever find a way to mount a winch on a stock chevy express front bumper? Regis.

carcrafter22

Adventurer
Can you just make a crossmember that bolts to the frame and has mounting points for the winch then cut a hole for the winch to fit through the stock bumper?

Reeg

I dont know. Ill check behind my bumper. My chevy express was ready to have both front and back aluminess bumpers installed when I noticed that the front bumper with the brush guard was blocking part of the front light beam and left it off. Now I want to install a winch and a recovery point and was looking at the aluminess front bumpers without the guards but still think they look like overkill. Even if they are not heavy they just look too big. I like the chrome front bumpers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears