Chevy Silverado Dirtymax Build

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Nice looking rig there Uscg! Your light look like they could light up a football field. It also looks like you had lots of fun on your trip. cheers, chilli..:)

Last edited:

uscg2008

Explorer
So ive been doing work on my front and back yard lately. Did a little driveway crawling and some red neck bush pulling

:smiley_drive::truck:

Half a cubic yard of top soil was a good amount of weight

Last edited:

dirtnadvil

Long lasting pads

I have a 03 Dmax and at 140K miles my original pads still have 60-70% life left. I do a fair amount of towing, slide in camper crazy So Cal Frwy etc. The brakes seemed lacking last year but I did a flushing replaced the Master Cylinder and Hydro boost due to both units leaking . After that it the brakes regained their stopping power. Nice looking truck BTW. My build is very similar.

Good call, something with a bit better bite will serve you well, the rotors should be fine to just take the pads as they are, you could get them skimmed if you want but if there's no pulsation you can just let the pads bed into the rotors. Just be sure to pull them apart and service them every 6 months or so. Take the calipers off, clean up the ends of the pads, lube the sliders, and stick'em back together. Big stuff needs to be serviced more frequently, but it generally lasts longer; particularly if you're mindful of maintaining it. I make good money off people who neglect their Super Duties.

Last edited:

uscg2008

Explorer
I have a 03 Dmax and at 140K miles my original pads still have 60-70% life left. I do a fair amount of towing, slide in camper crazy So Cal Frwy etc. The brakes seemed lacking last year but I did a flushing replaced the Master Cylinder and Hydro boost due to both units leaking . After that it the brakes regained their stopping power. Nice looking truck BTW. My build is very similar.
I will have to check those both for leaks as well considering I'm at 165k maybe that could help. Thank for the input :agree:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Wow:Wow1:looks like you really put that truck through some urban testing with your redneck gardening Uscg! I love how the truck takes the heavy load of topsoil without having any problems. Thanks for posting those pics. Cheers, chilli...:)

uscg2008

Explorer
So I got tired of all the chrome on the truck so I decided to get rid of it. I used some black plastidip that I had from painting my wife's wheels on her jeep gran Cherokee.
Brought the grill into the paint booth to spray it.

My least favorite part is cleaning my gun after

All finished

uscg2008

Explorer
With all the rain we have been getting here it made driving some of the dirt roads a little sketchy where we go duck hunting. So easy to get sucked into the ditch.
But it did turn out to be nice day

uscg2008

Explorer
Ya sure did on all the chrome. I think I may add some rock guard paint to the side of the doors and bed I'm starting to get chips in the paint

uscg2008

Explorer
Amazon was having a deal on Rtic coolers, so I got one in the 65q flavor. It's normally $200 but thy were on sale for $168 and free shipping. Going to put this thing to work next hunting season.

uscg2008

Explorer
So with 167k on her it's time to start replacing ware items and upgrade as well. Over the next couple of months I will doing some preventative maintenance:
Fuel filter (will be upgrading to the CAT R1-0750 2 micron filter with adapter)
Engine Oil/filter change
Trans fluid/filter change
Steering box change ( upgrade to new Redhead Steering gears unit)
Replace leaking Transfer case output yoke seal
New Bilstein 5160 shocks front and rear
Bilstein steering stabilizer

I started with the steering stabilizer, should take about an hour tops....... not so much.

As you can see I have one bolt out but the other one is rusted in after 4 hours of spraying rust penitrant and prying on it with no luck I had to throw in the towel. I started around 5 and with having no access to my garage right now I had to call it since it was starting to rain outside. Next day I re grouped and went with one of these.

After heating that stuck bolt up for about 30sec it slid right out.
New next to the old one

And new one installed

Last edited:

seanpistol

Explorer
I just got the same RTIC cooler on the same deal. My buddy at works has the 65 and loves it. He said he kept ice in it for a week last year in the middle of summer, just kept it in the shade and tried to open it as little as possible. I also got the basket to keep food from getting soggy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan