Chile

jpvm

Explorer
Pretty good !

Close to home, up in the mountains however... just 30 min from downtown Santiago..

img3682c.jpg

Jolly Roger

Adventurer
Yes Chile is a wonderfully diverse country. I had the good fortune to spend 3 months there around 20 years ago. We got as far south as Puerto Montt, Coihaique, etc. and I was struck by how similar the geography was to the west coast of Canada. Sadly, we didn't get any further north than Santiago, so I didn't get a chance to visit the famous Atacama region. However, we're in the process of planning a round-the-world trip and Central and South America will be our first destinations. I'm really looking forward to exploring Chile again, revisiting some of the places that hold fond memories for me and discovering new and exciting areas. Thanks for sharing your photos!

jpvm

Explorer
Yes Chile is a wonderfully diverse country. I had the good fortune to spend 3 months there around 20 years ago. We got as far south as Puerto Montt, Coihaique, etc. and I was struck by how similar the geography was to the west coast of Canada. Sadly, we didn't get any further north than Santiago, so I didn't get a chance to visit the famous Atacama region. However, we're in the process of planning a round-the-world trip and Central and South America will be our first destinations. I'm really looking forward to exploring Chile again, revisiting some of the places that hold fond memories for me and discovering new and exciting areas. Thanks for sharing your photos!

Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences. You will be amazed how Chile has changed for good in the last 20 years. Everything is much more in order, more developed, cleaner, highways are a world different, cities have all in order, clean, low robbery, and services like gas stations, Wi fi , internet, lodging, fast food, malls, etc. is a world different... I think you will be amazed how changed Chile is. No matter this, you still have the far north (Atacama desert , be sure to check www.Dakar.com for the Dakar Rally coming to Chile Jan 6 - 15) and far south like the lake district, and Patagonia where adventure, camping, outdoors, climbing, kayacking, etc. is on every corner.

jpvm

Explorer
Although nobody cares :sombrero::sombrero: , here are some more shots of today's outing into Conguillio National Park (IX Region , Chile) , where some years ago they filmed BBC's "Walking with Dinosaurs" , since this place has evolveld almost nothing from the paleozoic era... this park is one of Chile's most beautiful ones, combining Volcanoes, lakes, ancient forests, etc. and the basicness we all need to forget the cities and modern life.

img7357s.jpg

img7385j.jpg

img7449w.jpg

img7476j.jpg

img7504v.jpg

img7509i.jpg

img7412o.jpg

Last edited:

jpvm

Explorer
This past week I've travelled to the north of Chile, world's dryest desert, nice beaches, high altitude desert , camping in the wild, etc.

img8139a.jpg

img8163a.jpg

img8184a.jpg

img7839t.jpg

img8018p.jpg

img7994s.jpg

jpvm

Explorer
cant be last ones.

great photos and thanks for sharing

To you man for watching .... and hearing the popular call , here are some more of Norther Chile (most of them 600 miles north of Santiago, Chile) :elkgrin::elkgrin::elkgrin:

img7977e.jpg

img7987t.jpg

img8114t.jpg

img8173l.jpg

img8181a.jpg

img8158r.jpg

img7906.jpg

img8024b.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members