Chinese bikes might be cheap but...

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
Despite sub freezing temperatures I took a MSF beginner class last weekend. Most of the bikes were 125CC Suzuki and 250CC Honda but the riding school had just bought a couple of 200CC Chinese dual-sport bikes to try out and this was their first outing.

Both had body parts fall off, random horn outbursts, impromptu maximum throttle episodes, took half an hour to warm up, half a second to cool down and sounded plain nasty. The instructors said they'd be amazed if they lasted the season.

On the other hand the 125CC Suzuki I was abusing had received over 9000 miles of beatings which must be pretty hard to achieve in an area the size of a football field.

As they say, you get what you pay for.

Cheers,
Graham

p.s. I was rather hoping I wouldn't like motorcycling but unfortunately that didn't happen so now I might be forced to to go ahead and get one. :(

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
you actually don't get what you pay for. you get to fund their product development...

China used to make really crappy bicycles too. Now they most of the premier facilities to make high end carbon fiber monocoque frames.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I think there was an old saying regarding bicycles...

"If Huffy made airplanes, would you fly in one?"

-H-

805gregg

Adventurer
I think that saying is for comparing Honda and HD, if HD made an airplane would you ride in it.

tibaal89

Adventurer
That's funny... I've done some motorcycle school stuff and it was always Honda Rebel 250 cruisers or Kawasaki Eliminator 125 cruisers.

It was great to learn on one of those bikes where the first gear tops out at about 5mph and you could basically idle in 2nd at a couple mph... and then hop on a "real" (nothing against those bikes, you know what I mean) motorcycle and find things to be quite a bit differenet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior