Clean 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro M/T -- SoCal

lasoundguy

2017 Tacoma TRD Pro 6M/T (Double Cab Short Bed)
Purchased new by me December 2016
Currently has 49K on the odometer
Clean title in hand
Asking $46K OBO
VIN: 5TFCZ5AN2HX065042

This has been our family camping/adventure vehicle and daily driver, but over the past two years I've kind of fallen hard for the 80 series I picked up and as such we are ready to part ways with the Taco.

This was a dream purchase for me, and finding a Pro with a stick shift took me all the way to Louisiana where I bought the car and then drove it home the 1600 miles to Cali (there were a handful of trucks closer but the dealer markup ranged from $5K to $10K depending on proximity to any major city...ugh.) 3rd gen Tacomas are all 50-state vehicles so there was no issue smogging it/registering the car in California.

Over the four and a half years I've owned it I've set it up for adventure, with a mild set of mods:
  • Snugtop Rebel camper shell with dual windoors, auto liftgate lock (so it locks/unlocks with truck key as does the tailgate--nice upgrade from the 2016 3rd gens), Sportsman's package reinforced roof, carpet headliner (better if you are going to sleep in it.)
  • Shmellfab bolt-on sliders tucked 2" closer to the body
  • Falken 265/75R16 AT3/W x5 (all but the spare have 14K miles on them, wearing well, lots of tread left)
  • SOS Concepts Streamline aluminum bumper with LineX coating
  • Smittybilt X2O 10K winch w/ wireless control
  • ATH Fabrication front body mount bumper reinforcement (got these after noticing a fair bit of deflection when winching a Jeep out of the snow, these truss reinforcement plates should be standard equipment on all Taco bumpers IMO)
  • Rhinorack 52" x 49" Pioneer Platform on camper shell using 6x Smittybilt AM mounts
  • Kicker speakers w/ Subaru tweeter upgrade, Kenwood subwoofer (kinda wimpy but works ok) under driver seat
  • Noico 80mil lined doors
  • Extra tie-down rail (like the 2nd gens came with factory) added to bed to help secure loads
  • Hondo Garage phone mount, super secure and works well on washboard roads that tend to send phones flying with other mounts
  • 20% tint on front windows to match rear glass
  • Comes with an extra wheel (if you want it) as I scratched one offroad and replaced it, then got the old one touched up...had plans to roll with double spares but never actually went for it.
Overall condition:
  • interior very clean, no rips/tears, few sunscreen spots on the armrests but they'll come out with some elbow grease, very mild indentations from kid car seats in the back but mostly gone now
  • exterior pretty good, some tree pinstriping, visible in person, harder to photograph with the white paint. There are also a few small scratches on the camper shell from when I backed the open liftgate glass into a tree limb (grr, that was a $500 lesson in not trusting backup cams entirely...)
  • no rust, the truck has been used offroad so there are a few scratches underneath and the frame is a little dirty but nothing of note or out of the ordinary
  • battery probably wants replacement in the next year or so (original OEM one so about 4.5 years old now, but still going strong)
  • trailer hitch chain connection bent slightly when a 1500lb teardrop trailer (SoCal Offroad one I rented for a weekend) rolled about 6" upon unhitching.
  • some scratches from use on the Rhino Rack (only on top surface so you can't see unless you stand on the tire, and it's aluminum so it doesn't really matter)
  • auto locking rear glass on Snugtop is persnickety sometimes, have to hit the unlock button on the key twice
  • otherwise it's a nearly new Taco, doesn't ask much, and being stick it almost has a soul lol. ;-)
The on-the-street pics are it as it sits today. More pics, service records available upon request.
1622950600832.png

1622950629070.png

1622950664647.png

1622951672069.png

1622950684741.png

1622950709575.png

1622950780880.png

1622950795602.png

1622950834936.png

1622950849848.png

lasoundguy

OK, back from my cross country road trip bringing home @penguincoder and then @cannonball55 's LR3...now my driveway is kinda full with three white offroad vehicles (80, Taco, LR3)...so bumping this to the top...had some interest and actually thought this was gone but buyer's financial planner (cough, I think his wife?) vetoed. Have a Google Photos album I can share with more pics. Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998