Clean/neat Exterior Cable Management

highwest

Does anyone have any ideas for an attractive short exterior run of cable? I am mounting solar panels to the top of my pop up trailer roof (Mission Overland Summit) and I need to route the wires to the forward tongue box, where the solar charge controller and battery are. I don't believe routing the cable into the trailer makes any sense in this case, but I’m open to persuasion. Thanks ahead of time for any ideas you all may have!

llamalander

I had a light bar with the cable routed up the edge of the windshield using short strips of VHB tape a little thinner than the cable thickness and 1-2" long, every 8-10". It looked (if you noticed) like it just lay there. Pretty tidy and stuck for years till i took it off to change the rack. Just clean/prep both surfaces and it sticks very well.

highwest

I had a light bar with the cable routed up the edge of the windshield using short strips of VHB tape a little thinner than the cable thickness and 1-2" long, every 8-10". It looked (if you noticed) like it just lay there. Pretty tidy and stuck for years till i took it off to change the rack. Just clean/prep both surfaces and it sticks very well.
That might work. With the roof being a pop up, those first edge pieces of VHB will see some movement from the cable when the roof goes up & down and also from wind. Do you think VHB will hold that? I do have some of the “good” VHB (5952) around…

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Second for VHB tape.

search Amazon, 125.6 inch cord hide electrical chase.

Sorry it wouldn't copy and paste for me.

Local electrical supply shops will have electrical chase hardware, the box stores probably have something similar.

Last edited:

highwest

Second for VHB tape.

search Amazon, 125.6 inch cord hide electrical chase.

Sorry it wouldn't copy and paste for me.

Local electrical supply shops will have electrical chase hardware, the box stores probably have something similar.
Looks good. Do you have any experience using these outside?

llamalander

I'm still being amazed by VHB tape--Start with little things and soon you'll be sticking whole buildings together with it a la Frank Ghery--

Reactions: GHI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan