***CLOSED*** Krazy Beaver GB

Whitecloud

One day at a time
Okay everyone. Just got off the phone with the vendor. I am being told that the shipment finally showed at the house yesterday, all labeling and packaging will be done today and all of the rest of the e-mails and shipments will be heading out today and tomorrow.

We apologize about the delay for those that paid early and haven't received anything yet. You will see something very soon.

Whitecloud

One day at a time
Awesome glad to hear that everyone is getting their shovels. Post up pics and reports with them so we can all see.

jerstw

Adventurer
My brother got his yesterday and mine showed up today. Pretty sweet shovel, will get used on a trip to Montana in a month.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Got mine, turned up in the "Land Down Under" (Australia) today. Looks good I'm sure it will get a workout when we do our Cape trip in the beginning of August.

Dan.

97GreenMeanie

Got mine the other day.
My 5 year old referred to it as the "Zombie survival shovel" LOL
Can't wait to give it a shot.

Thanks again.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Well, I'm out on the Krazy Beaver Group Buy, so first to reply here can have my position on the list if that is OK with the sellers.

Reason I am out is that, as I mentioned in an earlier post, seller is not required to charge sales tax (or any other tax ) on sales to out-of-state buyers when product is shipped out of New Mexico. I had emailed Krazy Beaver on this issue and have been away from home for most of the last few weeks, so just getting around to posting this. After several emails back and forth with Krazy Beaver, they (Jason) insist on collecting the tax, despite the fact that it is not required under New Mexico regulations. Here is most of one of my emails to Jason:

New Mexico does not have a sales tax. NM does have a gross receipts tax of 5.125%, plus whatever additional tax may be imposed by counties and/or municipalities. I just spoke with the New Mexico Taxation & Revenue Department at 575-524-6225 and they confirmed that there is no sales tax, and there is no requirement to charge the buyer the gross receipts tax for product that is purchased online, over the phone or by email from out of NM, and that is shipped to the buyer out of NM. So, your collection of sales tax is unnecessary under the NM regs and imposes an unnecessary burden on the buyer. The gross receipts tax is actually intended to be a tax on the seller (not the buyer) and is often (but not always) built into the selling price of the merchandise. Per Taxation & Revenue Dept., all you have to do to avoid this tax is to show that the product was shipped out of state. Your invoice and shipping records are sufficient for that.

Jason is insistent that they will collect the (non-required) tax, and I refuse to pay any tax that is not actually required. They can run their business any way they choose, and I can choose to not do business with them. I will not make an unnecessary contribution to the New Mexico state coffers. As they say, "it's not the money, it's the principle."

Whitecloud

One day at a time
Well, I'm out on the Krazy Beaver Group Buy, so first to reply here can have my position on the list if that is OK with the sellers.

Reason I am out is that, as I mentioned in an earlier post, seller is not required to charge sales tax (or any other tax ) on sales to out-of-state buyers when product is shipped out of New Mexico. I had emailed Krazy Beaver on this issue and have been away from home for most of the last few weeks, so just getting around to posting this. After several emails back and forth with Krazy Beaver, they (Jason) insist on collecting the tax, despite the fact that it is not required under New Mexico regulations. Here is most of one of my emails to Jason:

Jason is insistent that they will collect the (non-required) tax, and I refuse to pay any tax that is not actually required. They can run their business any way they choose, and I can choose to not do business with them. I will not make an unnecessary contribution to the New Mexico state coffers. As they say, "it's not the money, it's the principle."

Sorry to hear that and sorry it didn't work out. I didn't realize that was going on and would have posted it up if I had known.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger