Coconut's 2006 Nissan Frontier Build Thread

sasfrontier

Observer
How do you like the yoko's? I have been debating between the ats and the mt's, but in a 37". Did they balance well and how is the ride on the road?

Coconut

Nice build so far

Looks good. You've got some great skills.:smiley_drive:

Thank y'all.

How do you like the yoko's? I have been debating between the ats and the mt's, but in a 37". Did they balance well and how is the ride on the road?

The Yokohama's have been great so far. I went with the ATS over a MT style due to the amount of highway driving I need to do. Their On-Road handling is better than I expected during acceleration/braking/cornering, but their straight-line manners are lacking. They tend to wander quite a bit compared to other same sized tires I've had in the past. The ride on the road is quiet, very quiet! I actually think they might have been more quiet than the tires that originally came with the truck (BFG Rugged Trails). I have yet to test their rainy/wet road mannerisms (haven't had rain here...) but I am confident they will return a positive result. Offroad these tires are more than capable for what they're advertised as - an All Terrain. They have finally started to show some wear after about 5,000mi. So, I'm happy about that. Granted everything could change with a 37" tire. Oh, and they balance nicely!! I do not get wheel/tire vibrations @ any safe speed (I keep it below 85 now). Hope that helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle