2013-08-03 07.51.35.jpg

if we're expecting company

16998846_397870287252833_7989786666457146417_n.jpg

the day WILL begin w/ coffee

and there will be coffee available as long as folks are up n around

T

Airmapper

Inactive Member
How do you make coffee? (And how picky are you about it?)

I had a Farberware stainless peculator I liked real well but makes way more coffee than I need so it stays at home mostly. Great for sharing though. Downside is it's large and a bit more effort to clean.

Now I use a 32oz Stanley Cook + Brew set, a compact sort of French press but will double as a general small pot to heat soup or boil water. Perfect for just me and maybe a buddy in camp if neither of you want a huge cup. Pretty easy to clean, quick, compact, perfect for camp as I'm not particularly a morning person and am not in the mood to drag out a bunch of gear and wait for coffee. Makes exactly enough to fill the typical 32oz size vacuum insulated cup. (Some people call them YETI cups, but I like Ozark Trail.)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H7MK3IC/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

verdesard0g

Search and Rescue first responder
I have a big percolator for when camping with others and a double wall stainless steel french press for when solo

jadmt

ignore button user
this makes the best camping coffee. A little more work but I like being up early making my wife that first cup of coffee. I figure she makes me coffee and breakfast at home I can do it when camping.

https://planetarydesign.com

krick3tt

Adventurer
If I cannot put the coffee pot on the fire it is useless to me. There are a lot of fancy ones that keep it heated for hours but are not fire capable because of their outer coating that would probably melt. I have tried a French Press but it allowed the coffee to cool much too fast.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I used to use an Aeropress for coffee and now use the Presto single K-cup . Zero mess to clean up now.

Attachments

• 81dxlQ9OVQL._SL1500_.jpg
    81dxlQ9OVQL._SL1500_.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 31
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 26

ottsville

Observer
I have tried a French Press but it allowed the coffee to cool much too fast.

This one keeps the coffee hot for a bit if a french press is your desired method.

7c174302-fbf3-4177-ad3a-89ddc95cacc2

I used to use an Aeropress for coffee and now use the Presto single K-cup . Zero mess to clean up now.
I am a big fan of the aeropress because of its ease of cleanup; push out the plug and rinse or wipe the plunger and it's good to go. Much easier clean up than a french press and it makes a great cup of coffee. The drawback is it is essentially single serve.

SoCal_80

Explorer
This one keeps the coffee hot for a bit if a french press is your desired method.

7c174302-fbf3-4177-ad3a-89ddc95cacc2

I am a big fan of the aeropress because of its ease of cleanup; push out the plug and rinse or wipe the plunger and it's good to go. Much easier clean up than a french press and it makes a great cup of coffee. The drawback is it is essentially single serve.

I use the blue GSI press pictures and it works really well. Keeps coffee hot’ish for a good bit of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
If I cannot put the coffee pot on the fire it is useless to me. There are a lot of fancy ones that keep it heated for hours but are not fire capable because of their outer coating that would probably melt. I have tried a French Press but it allowed the coffee to cool much too fast.

Then you probably want one of the enameled steel pots (blue, white. even saw a red one once). be aware that the quality of enamelware has gone down in recent years...(try to get an old one)
Avoid the stainless percolators that have a Bakelite handle, the handle will burn eventually, as will the wooden panels on some of the cheaper chinese stainless pots...

Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears