Coleman Columbia Pop Up Build

pcampbell

Adventurer
Just ordered canvas :wings:

I'll be ordering steel end of next week, axle shortly thereafter.

Still on the fence on what the final suspension will be. Probably use my old mini truck leafs at first just to get it mobile, but at some point, plan on independent of some sort. It's one of those "not because I absolutely have to have it" things, but rather because I enjoy a challenge. Seriously considering a variant of the Track Trailer MC2 idea...

http://www.tracktrailer.com.au/mc2.html

It seems like the dynamic camber changes could be an interesting problem. I do like the fact you maintain a nice open spot in the center of the trailer...at least more than trailing arms. The side-side forces are nicely transmitted to the lateral arm too. And most of all, I haven't seen any DIY folks give it a try so why not be the first. :victory:

zjrog

Observer
I'm not looking forward to cutting the sidewalls on my Starcraft, but I too want bigger tires and wheels, to match my Jeep (the main tow rig...).

MuleySam

Hey what happened

I am diving or rather belly flopping into a similar project. Very similar. I got a 89 columbia given to me. I came up with the same plan as you in putting a frame under the factory frame.

I was wondering if you finished this or how it is coming.
any how here is a pic of my plan

Sam

Pop Tart2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78