Collection of Trailer Builds

zukrider

Explorer
ecameron97

can we get a pic of the slide out along with a materials and issues list?

i like the way it looks!

RunninRubicon

Adventurer
Cj7

86' Jeep tub modified. Been everywhere with this rig. Never skipped a beat. Rolling floor for access to Engel frig, cooking gears and shower

Attachments

• south rim 032.JPG
    south rim 032.JPG
    994.4 KB · Views: 666
  • south rim 001.JPG
    south rim 001.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 711
  • Promitory Point 008.JPG
    Promitory Point 008.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 928
  • Promitory Point 007.JPG
    Promitory Point 007.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 608
  • Promitory Point 002.JPG
    Promitory Point 002.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 561

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Here is a LINK to my build up of my homemade trailer.

I am going to reignite the passion and finish the build next month, as I am taking some "staycation" time to complete the kitchen slide out.

Here is how it sits...

DSC01537.jpg

jasong4110

WOW!

nice details on the trailer!

And two RTTs!

Cheers Jim, I went through all of the emotions on this build!! however I must be a sucker for punishment as I am just putting together drawings to build a teardrop onto the same type of Chassis, so I have the bug now!! picking up some good ideas took 3 hours last night reading threads on here, so have caught the bug again!!

Jason.

mkitchen

Explorer
Wow!

Dang, it looks like someone just ran a boat right into the back of that nice looking blue trailer. Either that or it is someone's idea for getting across some deeper water crossings, eh?
Mikey

Lurker

Dang, it looks like someone just ran a boat right into the back of that nice looking blue trailer. Either that or it is someone's idea for getting across some deeper water crossings, eh?
Mikey

G'day, Mikey.

I haven't tried a water crossing yet, but I think if the water level came up to a height where the boat wanted to float the vehicle wouldn't be making much progress.

It's another spin on having a small boat + camper. Most have their boat inverted on top of their trailer. I can have a larger boat with my setup.

Cheers.

kai38

Explorer
M416, I've had it for 15yrs. Its been from Mexico to Alaska
I did a spring over, added ammo boxes to the side, tailgate, RTT mounted on Yakima cross bars.

135569778.OUSIsr4D.06122011HyderPrinceGeorgeBC14.JPG

134738466.GsmvgemU.jpg

134946243.AGIVc2de.Banff0521201134.JPG

rockman

Adventurer
Rockmans camper build in Aus

Looking at starting a camper build for what I'm looking for in a camper .

Starting with a landcruiser ute chassis , this gives me 600mm clearance to the bottom of the draw-bar and nearly a meter clearance at the rear of the camper .

The main box will look like Kimberly Karavan .... that made love to an Ulitmate trailer .... that had a fling with a T-van .... sort of ;D , it will have a king size bed permanently made up with approx 1000-1100mm head-room height .The kids room will be above ,its a Hannibal roof-top tent , about 2-3min to set-up for them .It will have a section of the roof pop up for ventilation and to make a bit more room inside for access .Sides and rear will be done in midge-mesh with a zipper for inside and outside .

This gives me the sleeping quarters all above the ground .

The kitchen will be a Drifta pull-out kitchen , looking at trying to keep stuff simple .

A 60 litre Engel on a slide .

A 2.5-3 mtr awning around the rear and the side near the kitchen ,with zip on walls to suit .

Spare wheel is a 33" , it is already mounted underneath .

Departure angle is approx 45 degree's but at approx 1.1 mtrs high .

Normal gas bottle and 2 x fuel cans .

Total length will be approx 4.7-8 mtrs long ,height of around 2.1mtrs to the roof and 1.9 mtrs wide , same measurements asmy dual-cab cruiser ute .

Starts on Monday , I'm just glad to have committed to this build , it has been just one big brain fart trying to draw / design it from scratch .

I will try to get some photo's as the work progresses .

Cheers

A link to the MySwag forum where the build will be documented ........ http://myswag.org/forum/index.php?topic=14952.0

Last edited:

xracer9

Observer
indumoca overland

Overland Trailer made by Indumoca in Venezuela

Attachments

• IMG00070-20110702-1608.jpg
    IMG00070-20110702-1608.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 715
  • IMG00078-20110704-1513.jpg
    IMG00078-20110704-1513.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 652

ex m38a1er

Adventurer
@ Dawsonc61
I almost run the same set up!
Where do you keep the kennel box while driving?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan