Collection of Trailer Builds

tripc

Observer
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/77575-Trip-quot-C-quot-M416-build

Here is mine. Not finished but I dont think they ever are..
42212222.jpg

CRJeepin

Observer
Great builds everybody! I've just received spouse approval to start the hunt and build one for our planned trip cross country next year, so I've started the search.

A question on rust -- hope it's OK to ask on this thread -- it appears that there's often rust along the edges of the floor where it meets the sides. If there are through-holes there, how are they best repaired? Cut out and weld a 1" wide strip along the entire perimeter of the floor, or throw a piece of angle iron inside to tie the sides and floor together better? Either way, a lot of welding...I have not done much body work and this "90 degree sheet metal fix" is one I haven't noodled out yet.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Great builds everybody! I've just received spouse approval to start the hunt and build one for our planned trip cross country next year, so I've started the search.

A question on rust -- hope it's OK to ask on this thread -- it appears that there's often rust along the edges of the floor where it meets the sides. If there are through-holes there, how are they best repaired? Cut out and weld a 1" wide strip along the entire perimeter of the floor, or throw a piece of angle iron inside to tie the sides and floor together better? Either way, a lot of welding...I have not done much body work and this "90 degree sheet metal fix" is one I haven't noodled out yet.

Welcome!...I think your question would be better in the general trailer section...it'll get better exposure and more responses

good luck with your build! Pat

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Now that is nice McZippie! Widened fenders, color matched paint and wheels, simple top
and a little bling for taste! Just need a bottle opener mounted on the rear.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
mrchips, Would you please not stand in front of the trailer when someone is taking pictures?
We need more details on your build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger