Colorado Toyota Jamboree

GetOutThere

Adventurer
Browsing about my Facebook this morning, I came across this heartbreaking post on the "Colorado Toyota Jamboree" facebook page.

As of right now, we have 11 registrations. Its frustrating, because at this point, I think that putting this on the normal way we do it, is going to die. We have to have at least 23 registered just to break even on what it costs for the land rental, toilets, and trash service. I'm not sure if its just the dates or what happened this year, but we are really concerned about it. Even with the raffle, I think its going to be hard to cover costs, and I never want to use raffle $$$ to cover costs as that is what is donated to Save the Trail.

So, at this point, we have two options.

Either 1. you promote the hell out of this event to get people signed up.
OR
2. We move it back to Forest Service/BLM land and don't charge for it.
There are several issues with doing #2 as we cannot promote it as an event. Basically, we are just getting together to wheel. There will be no BBQ, no raffle, and no trail designated runs. In other words, you show up because a bunch of us are camping that weekend and run whatever you want to run. Its up to you.

There you have it.

If you are in Colorado and have a Toy, check out this event on facebook and see if it's your style. It seems hard to believe that they can't find people, so maybe they just don't have enough exposure.

Keep in mind: I have no affiliation with this group or event at all (Jeeper from Canada, how could I, heh). I have never attended the event, and I don't know any of the organizers or attendees. This event could be failing for good reason, so do your usual checks before signing up.

Mods: Note that this is being posted in the Toyota sections and the Central States section. (3 threads). If unacceptable, my apologies, delete at will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears