Columbia Overland's Tacoma build (sn0wspyder's)

sn0wspyder

Observer
logos

Slapped the Logos on!

tacoma011.jpg

tacoma009.jpg

tacoma010.jpg

:beer:

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
So I got tired of driving down the free way and feeling like it was a Tacoma parade. So I wanted to make this truck stand out as well we as be very functional and capable off road with out looking like some tube steel monster. So…

I hear yeah....I walked up to mine today (like I do everyday) and let out a damn....my truck is sweet and looks hot! Mine doesn't look like any other Tacomas around here where I live.

- Safari Snorkel… Very functional, and keeps the intake up out of the dust and helps ford the big Oregon rain puddles… plus adds a little bling bling!

first time I have heard a snorkel called a "bling" item. Doesn't seem bling to me unless it is custom made from stainless.

- Window tint the front two window, I want to do this to keep prying eyes out and help keep it a little cooler in the summer (also looks ************)

agree...happy with mine since I tinted the fronts. It goes well with the blacked out look. I also hate chrome (chrome is bling) and have blacked everything out on mine except the emblems. The S/C emblems is about the only bling on my truck, just how I like it!

You picked a good platform to start with....Rovers are so...well, you know.

CYi5

Explorer
Looks sexy! I love your logo, good choice.

I believe a snorkel is considered 'farkle' around these parts...functional sparkle.

18seeds

Explorer
can you post some pics on your RTT set up? How it is mounted? Looks like it is pretty close to the bed rails. How do you like it that way?

sn0wspyder

Observer
can you post some pics on your RTT set up? How it is mounted? Looks like it is pretty close to the bed rails. How do you like it that way?

This set up was a quick "need to get it done" set up, I am fabricating up a RTT rack system to put on it for a permanent set up...

As for this set up:

I took my old canopy clams mounted them on the truck.

After that I took some Yakima cross bars I had laying around and laid them on the rails of the truck next to the clams.

I used some u bolts to fasten the bars to the clams.

The whole set up looks a little ghetto fab but it worked for this trip.

Alvord_003.jpg

Didn't take any pics of the set up as I knew it was not going to be the one I would be using long term

18seeds

Explorer
how did you like it at that height? What are your plans for a rack?

My goal is to mount my tent 2 inches off the bed sides. This will allow for enough room for an ARB fridge. I was thinking of mounting the tent on the driver side which would allow for better vision.

sn0wspyder

Observer
how did you like it at that height? What are your plans for a rack?

My goal is to mount my tent 2 inches off the bed sides. This will allow for enough room for an ARB fridge. I was thinking of mounting the tent on the driver side which would allow for better vision.

I'm planning on mounting the tent high enough so that the top of it sits at the same height as the roof of the truck.

Also it well sit centers on the truck to help from tree strikes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger