Complete Overland Journal Set for Trade or Barter..

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Certainly not a cast-away but it means a lot to some people.

A vial of black volcanic sand with a large amount of ferrous fragments from Red Beach, Iwo Jima, Japan.

Just holding this vial will stir your emotions.

Invasionbeaches.jpg

Wow how did you get this? Hijack off.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
^^^ I'm not even American and that's what I'd be accepting. Nice. But I'm surprised you'd part with it, TrueBlue?

I carried a bit back with me. I only need so much. I would award it to those who had distinguished themselves, to remind them of their heritage.

Wow how did you get this? Hijack off.

It was a few years ago. Flew there, walked to the beach and a few other spots with some shipmates, flew back.

Last edited:

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
As of this post the bidding is finished. We'd like to thank all the bidders, both those that posted here and all the silent bidders, for their truly awesome offers. Some offers were full of open generosity, some were full of whimsy, some spoke to the handyman and old tool geek that I am, but all were really interesting. It was truly a hard decision and we wish we had multiple OJ collections to swap with all. Now we must confirm and finalize the trade and then make all the arrangements. Once that's done I will contact all the bidders with the final result.

Once again thank you for a fun experience and one that was a real eye opener.

Sincerely,

Clan Haggis

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Well that's done...I pretty sure I contacted all the bidders as to what the final results were but if I missed you please except my apologies.

I love making a swap, you never know what might be offered to ya. With all the cool stuff I was offered I think we need a barter section in the classifieds just to up the fun and wonderment level of ExPo transactions. Later all...

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
That was a fun thread!! Are you going to make a public announcement on the trade decision?

Well every great tale should have a bit of mystery...but money wasn't the object (and a few bidders missed that), possessions tend to possess you and we here in the clanhold are a sentimental bunch. The whole family talked over all the offers but in the end it was my choice...and I chose to honor my son. I'm sure if you read my posts over the years or if you know me you can figure out what we traded for. Sometimes the item with the least monetary value is the most precious of all...:ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears