Condition Zero Mounts Jeep JK Pistol Mount

HSKR4X4

Adventurer
slide-4-image_zpsagxgwgq9.jpg

Condition Zero Pistol Mount Jeep JK 4dr Write-Up & Install Guide

SKU

J101893 (4dr)
Bracket comes in a driver or passenger side option.
There is a 2dr option as well, and only made for driver side.

Price

$115.00

Condition Zero Pistol Mount

We believe strongly that a properly mounted and secured firearm gives you the best chance of using that firearm effectively. We've all seen the effects of having a firearm that was not available to the user when it mattered, and the risks that come with having a loaded firearm floating around your console or glove compartment. In the field, on the road, or wherever you need fast and secure access, we know that our customers are Never More Ready™ than with Condition Zero Mounts.

About Condition Zero Mounts

Condition Zero Mounts are a product of Gunner Fabrication, headquartered in Kerrville, Texas. We design and manufacture a wide variety of products for those who prefer the convenience and confidence that comes with having the perfect mounting solution for their firearm. Launched in 2013, we're proud to use American design, manufacturing, and materials.

My Thoughts

I am extremely happy with the Condition Zero Mounts Jeep JK pistol mount! I have had other brand holster mounts where they attach under the steering wheel, but never liked the idea of pulling a loaded weapon out from under my steering wheel and between my legs. While it was nice that it was a little more hidden, the point of having a pistol mounted in vehicle is for safe, and quick un-holstering if ever needed. The bracket fits perfectly in the Jeep, and takes very little time to install. The bracket comes power coated, with hardware for install. The bracket also includes the universal holster and Velcro. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this mount and holster setup, and highly recommend this product to anyone looking to add a gun mount to their Jeep.

Notes

The universal holster fits perfectly with bracket and hold a wide variety of guns. When test fitting your firearm, make sure to do a thorough safety check to make sure firearm is unloaded. As an extra safety precaution, keep magazine out of gun until you are happy with fitment. I checked my Glock 19, Glock 43, Smith & Wesson M&P Full Size 45, M&P Shield and all 4 guns fit great.

Gun Safety

Unloading Your Firearm

Unloading means unloading both the chamber and the magazine. Before handling a firearm or passing it on to someone else, visually check the chamber, receiver, and magazine to make sure there is no ammunition anywhere in the firearm. Never assume a firearm is unloaded, and never take someone’s word for it.

Firearm Safety Commandments

10 Commandments of Firearm Safety - European American Armory/USSG (Click on highlighted link)

Warning

Failure to follow handgun safety rules may cause personal injury or death to the shooter or bystander and damage to property

Install Time & Difficulty

5-10 minutes
Easy, only basic tools needed.

What Comes In Kit

Condition Zero Mount Powder Coated Bracket
Universal Holster
Concealment Cover/Bag
Supplied bolt, nylock nut and 2 washers
Velcro Strips

Tools Needed

½ Ratchet
¼ Ratchet
18mm Socket
18mm Wrench
½” Deep Socket
½” Wrench
Towel
Rubbing Alcohol
Favorite Drink

Condition Zero Pistol Mount Install Guide

Step 1

Remove Factory Seat Bolt

Slide seat back to furthest setting.
Remove bolt closest to the center console.
Use ½ ratchet and 18mm socket to remove bolt.

IMG_3612_zpsi2ejikgk.jpg

Step 2

Sit Condition Zero Bracket in Place

Lightly thread back in 18mm bolt you removed on step one.
Do not tighten at this time.

IMG_3616_zpsx9ynd8v7.jpg

Step 3

Install Under Seat Bracket Bolt

Slide supplied bolt and washer through underside of hole opening.
While holding bolt and washer in place, install washer and nylock nut.
Bolt and washer can also go through topside, but harder to install.

IMG_3621_zpstxwzx1kf.jpg

IMG_3623_zpsezcjad0a.jpg

IMG_3624_zpstmpfbgeb.jpg

Step 4

Place Bracket in Final Position & Tighten Bolts

Start by tightening the under seat bolt. Use ¼ ratchet with ½” deep socket and ½” wrench.
Once tightened, now tighten down front seat bolt with 18mm wrench.
Bracket upper bar can be bent a little by hand for proper alignment for holster.

IMG_3626_zps3fzalmcv.jpg

Step 5

Install Holster

Wipe both sides of upper bracket with rubbing alcohol.
Open Velcro strapping on one side on holster.
The holster should be closest to you, so open right side of holster.
Slide strapping over bracket to test fit. Once bracket is slid to top of holster strap, mark where the Velcro should be placed.
Make Velcro is opposite of holster to the will attach to each other, than attach to bracket.
Install holster into place and press firmly so Velcro attaches to each other.
Now wrap little Velcro loop around bracket as well.

Note:

I did this part of install a little different than instructions. I installed the Velcro to the holster first, then carefully slid opening of holster over mount. Once I had holster in place, I firmly squeezed holster against mount for proper attachment. Then I wrapped the Velcro loop around bracket.

IMG_3631_zpsncrejjh3.jpg

IMG_4389_zps7r8hhwqp.jpg

IMG_3629_zpsaydj2hum.jpg

IMG_3632_zpsusimol48.jpg

IMG_3635_zpsu85prcop.jpg

IMG_3636_zpstrk6byrn.jpg

Congratulations!! Your new Condition Zero Mounts Jeep JK Pistol Mount is installed!

IMG_3640_zps1lkxup6m.jpg

IMG_3641_zpsnwm1kkor.jpg

IMG_3646_zpsa60tj3kq.jpg

image_zpsdja9lunx.jpeg

If you have any questions for me, please PM me on forum or by email.

hskr4x4@gmail.com

www.facebook.com/husker4x4 (My Build Page)

Thanks for taking the time to read over my write-up and install guide!

HSKR4X4

Adventurer
You remember you get the holster, mount and cover. I understand about the price, and felt same way before buying. Now that I have it, it was worth every penny.

JCDriller

Adventurer
I did something similar using a mount I found on eBay a while back. Instead of a holster I got a cojo gun magnet which holds whatever gun I happen to be carrying. I love this option, the pistol doesn't move, but I'm sure in a wreck it would be less stable than a holster with retention.

I've since mounted the holster with hardware.

Healeyjet

Explorer
Looks like a nice product and a real clean install.
As a Canadian I am not overly familiar with carry permits in the US.
I am just curious if a handgun located in this position in a vehicle needs a "lock" of any sort is it just the safety that is in place?
Do you need a carry permit to carry a gun in a vehicle? I do understand what a concealed carry is.
When I was a kid growing up half of the trucks had a gun rack in the back window but I'm not sure what the rules are in the US now. In Canada I believe that a gun would need to be locked and in the trunk to be transported in a vehicle.

Ward

JCDriller

Adventurer
I believe it would still work. Again I had the off brand shown above and it worked with the Tuffy before I stuck a sub under the seat. Now I use a passenger side Tuffy exclusively.

TommyG

Adventurer
Looks like a nice product and a real clean install.
As a Canadian I am not overly familiar with carry permits in the US.
I am just curious if a handgun located in this position in a vehicle needs a "lock" of any sort is it just the safety that is in place?
Do you need a carry permit to carry a gun in a vehicle? I do understand what a concealed carry is.
When I was a kid growing up half of the trucks had a gun rack in the back window but I'm not sure what the rules are in the US now. In Canada I believe that a gun would need to be locked and in the trunk to be transported in a vehicle.

Ward

It differs by state so you have to do your homework. You will find a million permutations depending on which state you are in. It is enough to give a man a headache when traveling. HSKR4X4 appears to be from Arizona which is one of the better "gun friendly" states here.

I don't think too many places allow a loaded long gun (rifle/shotgun) in the vehicle but there are lots of places that the handgun would be fine with the appropriate permit/license.

I am not a big fan of off body carry but that does look like a nice setup. I suppose you could go from holster to vehicle mounted holster for driving and then back again but that's a lot of fumbling with the firearm in a day. It is a challenge to access a holstered handgun while seated in a vehicle so it might be nice to have particularly if you are going to be behind the wheel for long periods.

Healeyjet

Explorer
Thanks TommyG.

I was wondering about the transfer from hip to console as well. I haven't ever worn a holstered handgun so total curiosity here. Lot's of our American friends seem totally comfortable with the concept but not growing up around it I just thought I would ask.
Have a great evening.

Ward

MOguy

Explorer
I prefer to keep my guns out of sight. My state allows you to carry a loaded fire concealed in your vehicle (anywhere within the state even schools, private property, you work, police stations, etc) as long as you can legal have a gun. I don't display my guns. I keep them locked or on my person (concealed). In MO open carry is governed by local government, conceal carry (concealed in vehicles no permit required) is governed by the state. Our laws are more strict about knives than firearms.

However it does look like a nice setup.

Last edited:

TommyG

Adventurer
Thanks TommyG.

I was wondering about the transfer from hip to console as well. I haven't ever worn a holstered handgun so total curiosity here. Lot's of our American friends seem totally comfortable with the concept but not growing up around it I just thought I would ask.
Have a great evening.

Ward

Glad I could shed some light.

Take care.

TommyG

Adventurer
I prefer to keep my guns out of sight. My state allows you to carry a loaded fire concealed in your vehicle (anywhere within the state even schools, private property, you work, police stations, etc) as long as you can legal have a gun. I don't display my guns. I keep them locked or on my person (concealed). In MO open carry is governed by local government, conceal carry (concealed in vehicles no permit required) is governed by the state. Our laws are more strict about knives than firearms.

However it does look like a nice setup.

I am with you 100% on being as discreet as humanly possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears