Confession | Forward Control

TJDIV

Adventurer
Strike that last question, just saw the comment about the new bed. Sounds awesome. You guys going to drive it out and visit this spring??
Would love to. Just need to see how the schedule works out with the wedding and 4 hotel openings!

Yeah, the bed is going to be retarded. TJ is narrowing it by about 11" and the rack is going to be a custom-one-off. Think 'snorkel built into the rack-riser' kinda cool. ;)

TJDIV

Adventurer
I have to brag TJ up a bit - if you don't mind ;)

A month ago I had the hair-brained notion to set up an office in Munising for our I.T. company, which resulted in....what is typically referred to as "Tom's ideas".
One of which was a custom 14' gum cherry conference room table, supported by a minimal / visual solid steel frame with electrical / usb outlets.

TJ built the frame with tolerances that can't be spoken about on the web! haha.

At any rate... this is the part where I say he's an animal, working on the FC170 project you're following here, as well as moonlighting as a furniture-builder-idea-materializer.

Thanks dude!!

1926045_647021458688681_896543779_o.jpg

TJDIV

Adventurer
Drivetrain mocked up, slight motor-mount mod needed for the header; apparently a weird thing with Grand Cherokees and headers :)

Trailer chop started last night; bottom's out- plan is ironed out. More to follow.

tjtoytech

With 3/16" plate steel and stout crossmembers every 6", this baby was built to handle much more than our FC will ever tote!!
gu9y4y3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12