Considering an xterra, have questions

Morticon

Adventurer
So the deal fell throug on that truck, the dealer wouldn't give me the warranty I wanted.

Worked out though! A day later we found a 2010 xterra pro 4x/ off road with 7,400 miles on the clock. It's not a stick tho

Pictures or it didnt happen!

Idaho_Dan

Didn't happen..... While waiting on the banks over the weekend nissan really screwed me. And I couldn't in good conscience but another nissan product. As much as I like the xterra, I couldn't justify buying from a company that treats people like nissan corporate treated me.

So the search for the right expo rig continues.....

Idaho_Dan

I have a nissan murano awd and I had the t-case serviced during a cvt warranty job and the sorry mechanic at nissan didn't use new seals on the tc. That was last October. All the fluid leaked out. My t-case blew up last week, straight up exploded.

So I dealt with nissan to have the tcase replaced due to incorrect maintenance. They had my murano at the dealer for a week. They never even looked at it.....

Called me and said I was responsible for the 3,000+ dollar repair.... Even though their mechanic screwed up. Refused to help me out.

So as much as I dig the xterra, just can't put myself in that again.

richard310

pew pew
I wouldn't let one experience and one particular dealership ruin an entire plan. Each dealership deals with things differently, and that goes for Toyota, Ford, Nissan, Land Rover, Jeep, etc. Same can be said with their mechanics. Some are great, some are horrible. The only thing I will ever get from a dealership, if I NEED it, is to order parts or to check out new vehicles. I would never have them work on any vehicle of mine. I'm really sorry to hear how that dealership screwed you over on a job like that. Use that as a future reference to not use that dealership again, but don't let that be the lone factor to persuade you out of a great truck. Find a different dealership.
And how does a warranty service job become your fault? You took the Murano in for service; they wrote up the work order, supplied all the parts, they did all the wrenching. I don't get how they came to that conclusion that the job they did is your fault. Take it up with corporate. It's going to be a headache but these people need to know it was their own fault and that they need to pay for it. Not you. It's a warranty for a reason.

SpongeX

Rust does a body good.
That does suck. Hopefully they can get it handled.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk

Idaho_Dan

I took it to corporate first thing, they needed me to take it to the dealer. Once at the dealer the nissan corporate assistance program began. They told me that it isn't under warranty anymore and that's why I'm not eligible for covered repairs.

I explained to corporate that this t case failure is a direct result of work done while under warranty. If it was under warranty I wouldnt be calling nissan assistance!

I believe the dealer notified nissan corporate that I was a potential new sale for an xterra, and they said " well if he is buying a new truck then why should we fix his murano" although this is purely speculation.

So it's not really the dealer per say but mostly nissan USA corp.

richard310

pew pew
That is a pretty bad taste from Nissan. The work order should have listed mileage and number of years owned, how ever many are needed under warranty. That alone should be grounds for compensation. Again, really sorry to hear you have to go through this madness.

Idaho_Dan

Thanks Richard, for what it's worth I think the xterra is an awesome truck, and really the only rig I like next to an 80 or 100 series landcruiser. It's a shame, I was hoping to get some trail time in soon....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179