Considering buying a Jeep.

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
Would it be fair to say you know them inside and out because you’ve either had to or chosen to repair or overhaul them so many times? I knew my 6.0 Powerstroke “inside and out” and undertook more than a few field repairs… not because it was reliable.

In comparison, I rarely opened the hood of my Hemi Charger, doing only oil and air filter changes, 2 sets of brakes, 2 tension struts, one set of spark plugs and an alternator (that was the day before I sold it) in over 168k miles from the day we drove it new off the lot.

I’ve spent more time under the hood of my JK, but in fairness, most of that has been modification, not repair.

I won’t hesitate to buy a 2.0 JL when the time is right. The JK only has 150k miles, so it will go a few more years before it finds a second owner to follow home.

Yes and no. Yes because I do the vast majority of the work, no because I have spent more time modifying them than repairing them. Most of the time I've spent "under the hood" was for fun rather than necessity.

But then every repair is an opportunity for upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger