Containerized: Retromod Global Tacoma

Clutch

<---Pass
There's some flair there, but it's controlled and directed to some effect; not just smudgy and muted. Also looks like it has a solid overlap. Obviously a shot from inside the cabin or behind the rig would offer some better insight, but working with what's given, doesn't look to be all that bad :)

I dunno..."wrapped up like a deuce..." :D

brushogger

Explorer
What an amazing build. Thank you for sharing the details of this build with the forum. Many in your position would not take the time to do so. Your design, vision, and imagination is very inspiring. Details such as the hilift foot mount give us all ideas for our own builds. I plan to copy some of these for my own use. The clean, simple ideas are the best. Some have questioned why invest all this time, effort, and money into "Just a Hilux". Builds like this are what build the breed, if you will. Most of the products in the off road industry weren't originally designed by large corporations. They were built by individuals (such as ******** Cepek and Vic Hickey) whose ideas and passions have created an entire industry that didn't exist fifty years ago. Kudos to you and your truck.

jham

Adventurer
I've GOT to see this truck in person. When you make it back to Uganda, give me a shout. Always have a place to stay if you come visit Jinja.

Containerized

Adventurer
jham - Thanks. We'll be in Khartoum and driving south next month, so I'll drop you my +256 number if I'm anywhere near Jinja before we turn east.

Containerized

Adventurer
Update picture... hopefully the last picture in the States for a little while.

893539_399309810197703_770014435_o.jpg

Lecoq

Explorer
A bit off topic but how do you ship your cars around? I have a friend looking at buying a Toyota truck in France and he needs it shipped to Canada. Most companies he spoke to are either crazy expensive or they won't ship to Canada/NE U.S..

Containerized

Adventurer
Not off-topic at all. I'm usually shipping in either a shared 40' standard or a 20' contract.

If you have enough notice, it shouldn't be an issue. But, yes, if you want specific dates, it will get very expensive very quickly.

Also, some of the routes I've shipped have been in UN containers and other NGO/ORG containers, so that's different from being a private individual contracting.

Why doesn't your friend look into Ro-Ro? It's generally (though not always!) cheaper and has a somewhat better port selection depending where you want to end up (Vancouver, for instance).

For private party contracts, I highly recommend Global Atlantic Logistics LLC - they got my FJ Cruiser from Baltimore to Dar es Salaam for a very reasonable price and have done a great job for other people, too. Ask for Maria, she is great.

Lecoq

Explorer
Not off-topic at all. I'm usually shipping in either a shared 40' standard or a 20' contract.

If you have enough notice, it shouldn't be an issue. But, yes, if you want specific dates, it will get very expensive very quickly.

Also, some of the routes I've shipped have been in UN containers and other NGO/ORG containers, so that's different from being a private individual contracting.

Why doesn't your friend look into Ro-Ro? It's generally (though not always!) cheaper and has a somewhat better port selection depending where you want to end up (Vancouver, for instance).

For private party contracts, I highly recommend Global Atlantic Logistics LLC - they got my FJ Cruiser from Baltimore to Dar es Salaam for a very reasonable price and have done a great job for other people, too. Ask for Maria, she is great.

Thank you for the advice. I will pass it on.

NetDep

Adventurer
Update picture... hopefully the last picture in the States for a little while.

Just popping on to say that is an amazing shot!!! Great truck!! Really enjoy this thread - and think it is so cool you take time to answer specific questions!!

Stay safe!!

Containerized

Adventurer
It's official... I will definitely be bringing the truck to Overland Expo 2014. See you there.

Unfortunately, I have two new assignments that may well keep me away from having time to post much, etc. in the meantime.

But, until then... safe travels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior