Containerized: Retromod Global Tacoma

Containerized

Adventurer
Quick update... work on the truck continues. The bodywork to get the hood cut line to line up with the 80 Series headlamps is done, as are the corners.

2.jpg

1.png

The (mild) bob is underway, we will be keeping the leaf setup (ICON Stg 4) in the rear.

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

Tailgate is ready for paint.

8.jpg

Danimal

Adventurer
Very interested in seeing how the bed bob comes out. This has been a fun thread to follow, thanks!

Dan

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
wow thats pretty intense but I am kinda diggin it. was not sure all the work would be really forth it but... I could be wrong!

Containerized

Adventurer
LOL, totally off-topic, Scott C, but I'll post a couple of my 997 GT3.

Already have a 991 GT3 (RHD) on order to keep in London... should be a fun car.

robert

Expedition Leader
LOL, totally off-topic, Scott C, but I'll post a couple of my 997 GT3.

Already have a 991 GT3 (RHD) on order to keep in London... should be a fun car.

Holy crap did I ever get into the wrong line of work (and born to the wrong parents too)! :Wow1::drool:

Containerized

Adventurer
Okay, only one Porsche post and we'll jump back on topic (!)

You might have noticed that I didn't wait long to modify the Tacoma (umm... twelve miles...). Same with a lot of the sports cars that I've owned... and the 997 GT3 was no exception. Major surgery even before I took delivery - race bodywork swaps to RSR front and rear clips plus front fenders, open GMG exhaust, RS steering wheel, etc. Basically LOTS of mods before the odometer ever hit 10 miles, if I recall correctly. But then I took delivery and drove the hell out of it. :)

Some pics from the day I took delivery of the 997 GT3, crazy to think this was nearly five years ago!!!

GT3-6.jpg

No, I don't live in Alaska; all my U.S. cars are registered in Alaska for tax reasons. :)

GT3-1.jpg

The car had much of its bodywork swapped to lightweight 2008 RSR bodywork... note the rear RSR clip (and the GMG race exhaust system).

GT3-2.jpg

GT3-5.jpg

Yes, those are my old P-car trackday kicks. Carpets still in the plastic.

GT3-3.jpg

BBS LM-R's with magnesium centers... these wheels were exotic unobtainium stuff back then, lol.

Then came the factory centerlock cars, which made these cars look like old news...

GT3-7.jpg

At my friend's house at the lake... parked on the lawn. Matte black carbon front clip swapped on.

GT3-8.jpg

My GT3 with its aging great-uncle, my friend Sean's 911 G50 (crappy iPhone pic, but the content is what matters...):

997GT3_and_G50.jpg

Last edited:

Containerized

Adventurer
Thanks, Scott. I've owned a bunch of fun hardware, but, while we're off topic, I'll add my biggest regret... the one I never should have sold.

I put a Tremec T-56 and a built Roush 402R in her. Those side pipes are open. Loud as hell.

Then, between meetings in New York at 200 West Street (one of the several dumb ideas I've had at that address), I accepted a too-good-to-refuse offer for her.

You can guess what happened next.

That's right... things quickly went wrong on the new owner's watch.

Ridiculous. Chassis #0121, rest in pieces.

Okay, I'm done whining. Back to truck projects.

But, first, some pictures from before she met her end in Connecticut:

P19.jpg

090508-9.jpg

Brock_Coupe_5.jpg

Brock_Coupe_11.jpg

Brock_Coupe_17.jpg

P1.jpg

Last edited:

samguert

Observer
I like your taste in car! As I can see, money wont be a problem for you finishing the truck! ;)
Cant wait to see more pictures of the build!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears