*contests/themes* - What do you think?

OFRD_GRL

Adventurer
Sooooo one of the other offroad forum's I'm on does a weekly contest thing for photography. It is pretty cool, you don't have to take part if you don't want to or don't have time to.

Basically a theme is posted weekly, you go out take a picture of what that theme represents to you. You can take the theme as literally or artistically as you want to. Post the picture in the thread announcing the theme. Then at the end of the week, there is a poll of which is the favorite picture.

Would any of you be interested in it? I'll offer to help run it if you do!
We don't even have to do the poll, just the theme. Whatever.

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
I don`t want to clutter up the current theme threads and I don`t want to be a negitive nelly but I would like to point out that Una`s idea was to get people out and shooting. The embedded exif data in a few of the photos submitted over the last few weeks indicates that they were shot before the themes posted dates.

In the spirit of honest competition I would just like to encourage and remind participating members to read the rules carefully.

Edit: While Im on this topic, I was wondering others think. Should anything be done if members don`t play by the rules, be it knowingly or unknowlingly? What would be fair?

Last edited:

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Fairness? Throw 'em out, da bums.

Not having a digital camera, I don't participate. I can't meet the new weekly theme turn around time requirements, so take my views with a grain of NaCl...

OFRD_GRL

Adventurer
I've tried to pay attn to the dates. If you notice any and I don't please let me know!

If for some reason a non valid photo wins they would be disqualified and the next in line would be the winner IMO...

I dunno what you guys think about that.

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Una,

I think it's a great idea and you're doing a great job. I'm looking forward to joining in soon!

Some suggestions:

- put a date in the title of the post so that everyone can easily see when the round opens and closes.
- give some thought to opening it up longer than just one week - two might be a bit easier to work with
- post up the rules in bold at the top of every contest
- drop me a PM is you want a thread closed, deleted or merged - happy to help you keep things clean :)

Thanks!

Pete

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears