Convert a VW van into a Unimog.

Gurkha

Adventurer
The portal axle feature is worth its weight in gold. Seems its a kit and thefore I am thinking of its retrofit prospect. Would be nice to hop up a Previa or other vans as well. Previa did come in a AWD version.

Crookthumb

Adventurer
It would have been nice if the axle was narrower. The way those wheels stick way out takes away from the appearance. Neat concept, probably excellent engineering, poor visual aesthetics. Of course I am not a big van guy to start out with. I think it would look better with the hubs pulled in.

rusty_tlc

Explorer
Crookthumb said:
It would have been nice if the axle was narrower. The way those wheels stick way out takes away from the appearance. Neat concept, probably excellent engineering, poor visual aesthetics. Of course I am not a big van guy to start out with. I think it would look better with the hubs pulled in.
It's a van, how good can a box with wheels look?;)

I'd rather see the wheel with less offset so the center hub is protected. Those rims look to be cast alloy, I can see them getting fractured on a rock. A wider stance would also be good in off camber situations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears