Converting M101A1 to 8x6.5 wheel options?

I'm looking at a M101A1 trailer and have a question regarding options for changing to 8x6.5 wheels in it. Since the 101A1's don't have brakes, does anyone make a set if hubs and brakes that I can bolt on? Or should I just look at a axle swap? The cost of a axle may make it to costly for me though, so I may be better served looking for a 101a2 or a3.

1Louder

Explorer
You might check steelsoldiers.com for information. I have a M116A3 and the hubs could not be swapped for something different. I had to do an axle swap.

1Louder

Explorer
You might check out the Steel Soldiers web site for information. I ended up replacing the axle on my M116A3. There was no way to put different hubs on it. I also added electric brakes. I read of lots of trial and error from other owners attempting to do hub swaps. Since I am putting a pretty large box on mine with h2o tank and an RTT I wanted to add brakes. I opted for a torsion axle and gutted everything else. My preference. Others just do the axle swap.

dfroman

I replaced the axle on my 101a1 with a dexter from redneck trailer. Saves a ton of weight, added electric brakes with parking brakes. ordered the hubs to match my bronco. delivered I think I paid $330.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78