Cook Partner Stove Owners Chime In!

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
So I found out that partner steel makes a single burner cook stove that will work great for my size requirements and while it's pricey I can understand you get what you pay for. So I want to hear primarily from those of you who own a partner steel stove. Are they really all that? Would you buy it again?

PNWLX

Assuming UPS isn't delayed mine should show up tomorrow!

We were recently looking to upgrade/downsize our camping stove. We almost never use 2 burners at a time, and wouldn't mind a little more cargo space, so I was trying to find as solid of an option as possible in a single burner. We were leaning toward the Jet Boil Genesis because of the size, but the more I read reviews the less excited I was. Then came across the single-burner Cook Partner, which wasn't much more $$ anyway, and decided to pull the trigger.

It looks like one of those items that will outlast most of the gear in the garage. I will try to remember to post an update once I've had a chance to get hands-on with it.

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
So I found out that partner steel makes a single burner cook stove that will work great for my size requirements and while it's pricey I can understand you get what you pay for. So I want to hear primarily from those of you who own a partner steel stove. Are they really all that? Would you buy it again?

You might be interested in this Cook Partner FAQ thread I started a while back to collect Cook Partner info

Last edited:

Laps

I've owned the Partner Steel 2 burner stove for many years and it is used on every camping/overlanding trip I go on. It is virtually indestructible, reliable and is all I could ever want or need in a stove. That said, if you are planning on using just one burner then yes, I would highly recommend the Partner Steel brand.

I have had a 2 burner for years and love it. I have owned many stoves both backpacking and car models, these are the best Car units on the market, hands down. Mine will be pasted down to family after I leave this earth. I do carry a extra o-ring for the feed, I have never needed it.

DoKarider16

Observer
We have a two burner we have had for many years. We travel in our van quite a bit and live out of it for up to a month at a time. It is our only source of cooking.
The stove is easy to operate, easy to clean and we stopped by the steel place that builds them and it is your classic steel yard that started making them. Don’t know the whole story but pretty cool to be able to buy from a small town humble business like this, that makes one of the best stoves on the market.

We have complete rebuild kit that we carry with us but have not needed. Great to use and completely rebuildable, thinking it may outlast me.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
I think that the one burner model is definitely in my future. I've got to pay off some pesky hearing aids that I put off buying forever but I can swing it once that is done if there are no unexpected expenses that pop up.

Roger M.

Adventurer
There's nothing around at any price that will even come close to a Partner Stove.
If you are familiar with welding slang, you may have heard the term "stack of dimes" ... which is definitely what the welds on a Partner look like.
If you own a Partner Stove, you already understand ... and if you don't own one, you will likely wonder if a Partner Stove is actually worth the cost ... until such time as you purchase a Partner Stove at which time your nagging question will most definitely be answered once and for all.

86scotty

Cynic

Wow, seems like these were a couple hundred bucks a few years ago. I don't see a single on their site, just the break apart double (two singles stacked, basically). Is that what you mean?

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
Wow, seems like these were a couple hundred bucks a few years ago. I don't see a single on their site, just the break apart double (two singles stacked, basically). Is that what you mean?
It takes some looking, that's for sure. I found it elsewhere before I could find it listed on their website!

MiamiC70

It takes some looking, that's for sure. I found it elsewhere before I could find it listed on their website!
$300 for one burner ?

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
$300 for one burner ?
It ain't cheap, that's for sure. I've seen it advertised cheaper if you don't order the wind deflectors with it. I wish they offered it with a removable lid. I don't think I need the wind deflectors with my tailgate table but I'm not sure how I'd keep the lid from falling down when I'm using the stove without them. Primus sells a stove called the Moja that has a removable lid. https://primus.us/products/moja-stove

jchasse

Can anyone with a 9 in version provide any tips on how to fit the hose and regulator back in the stove so that the burner and grate will go back on? :confused:

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I've been wanting a new cooking source for a while. Mine was cheap and is complete garbage. A buddy of mine brought a solo stove with the grates which was a nice thing to see and have but these seem pretty awesome. Costly but if you need more pots/pans for more people or a bigger family I dont see how you could go with anything else

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12