Cook Partner Stove Owners Chime In!

ScottPC

Are the new stoves made of aluminum or stainless? I'm pretty sure they used to be stainless and switched to aluminum but can't seem to find this on their website?

Roger M.

Adventurer
Stoves are aluminum.
I don‘t recall them ever being stainless.
You can optionally get some stainless accessories though … like their kettle, intended for direct placement into the campfire.

Roger M.

Adventurer
For the price should be gold plated.
No need for gold, as even in aluminum, when you handle a Cook Partner you can see the total value of the dollars spent in the quality, fit, and finish of the stove.
Folks who own these won't debate that they're expensive to purchase ... but nobody I know who owns a Partner Stove has anything less than stellar things to say about it.

Kingsize24

I've had mine almost 7yrs now. Loved it then. And about 5yrs ago I added strikers to it. Made it even more amazing. We've never had any issues, and I had nothing but positive experiences using it. It just works. Which is what I look for in any good product. Reliability.

Resized_20190104_115253.jpegResized_20190103_153017.jpegResized_20190104_115444.jpeg

MiamiC70

I've had mine almost 7yrs now. Loved it then. And about 5yrs ago I added strikers to it. Made it even more amazing. We've never had any issues, and I had nothing but positive experiences using it. It just works. Which is what I look for in any good product. Reliability.

View attachment 775883View attachment 775884View attachment 775885
On, this is great. You had to “ADD” ignitors? ******?
No wind breakers and no ignitors, less BTU than my CampChef Everest I paid under $100 for and has all three And has run flawlessly for 4 years so far. I lover Overlanders.

Kingsize24

On, this is great. You had to “ADD” ignitors? ******?
No wind breakers and no ignitors, less BTU than my CampChef Everest I paid under $100 for and has all three And has run flawlessly for 4 years so far. I lover Overlanders.

I added them due to MY preference, has wind breakers, more BTU's than your Everest, and I paid $189, 7 years ago. So I'm not sure W,T.F you are talking about. I love dumb asses.

MiamiC70

I added them due to MY preference, has wind breakers, more BTU's than your Everest, and I paid $189, 7 years ago. So I'm not sure W,T.F you are talking about. I love dumb asses.

$189 might be reasonable $400 is not but at either price an igniter should be included.

As for your last comment you must really enjoy looking in the mirror.

Kingsize24

$189 might be reasonable $400 is not but at either price an igniter should be included.

You are the one acting an ass. People buy what they want due to many reasons. One of them partner stove reigns supreme in, is reliability, and customer retention due to that reliability and service. If you feel like being in the middle of nowhere and taking the risk on cheaper equipment, that's your choice. But don't come in here being an ass and expect nothing in return. Choices are just that, choices.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat

Igniters fail. Get a welder flicker or ten. $2 a pop. Partners don't fail and if you have issues you can repair them in the field. I have a Texsport version of the Everest. I'm convinced they are all made at the same factory. Lots of heat, burners are to big for small pots/percolators. The turn knobs will break and they have that weird plate you can't remove to clean. Hard to clean, they can and will rust, parts are not available, they're heavy and the weird cumbersome gas hookup tube thing is a non standard thread on the stove connection side. I've accidentally floated Partners down rapids, many boats rig them out in the open. I've eaten off 30 yearly old partners. No comparison. Buy once cry once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12