Cool shirts at Sams

Lynn

Expedition Leader
The OEX pix thread that diverged into clothing discussions reminded me of something I thought it would be good to share...

I just picked up some 'fishing' shirts at Sams for $20 ea. You know, the ventilated, fast-drying, multi-pocket type shirts like Columbia and others make?

Reason I thought these are noteworthy is the fact that they are long-sleeved. I like that, since my flesh turns pink when I even think about going outside.

So far I'm pretty impressed with the shirts.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
yeah i get the same kinda shirts from different places. my wife found a couple tan ones from somewhere for $12 ea. i think faded glory made these ones? very comfy and a fine shirt. pretty much exactly the same as the cabelas one i have, also cheap from the sidewalk sale.

i also really like khaki or cargo pants from old navy,,, $20-25 and wear great for me.

alexfm

Explorer
I bought one of those as well, but I opten for the short sleeve version in tan. I think I paid 18 something for it. I havent worn it yet, but it looks like a great shirt. Ironically, I got a nearly identical Magellan brand shirt for free a week later. :)

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Just to continue collecting info on...

I also have a Wrangler-brand shirt that I got, um, somewhere. Sorry, don't remember where. I like it, but can't use it for swimming and stuff 'cuz it's white (transparent when wet), and clingy. Maybe if I was thinner I observers wouldn't mind so much...

I also have a couple that I got from Academy Sports a couple of years ago with a SPORTiF tag. On one I've had to resew the buttons because they used cheap thread.

I really like this style of shirt for summers in Texas. Especially when in and around the water.

These Sams Club shirts are the only ones I've found that are long-sleeved, though. And I kind of like the magnetic pocket closures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan