Cooper Tire recall

Wander

Expedition Leader
I know these are a popular choice with our crowd, might want to go check those date codes if you’ve got Cooper Disco AT3’s

adelatoa

Adventurer
How is having BFG's being a snob?

(he says having 7.5R16KM3s)

Lots of people I know ask me what tire they should go with. I tell them BFGs. They aren’t cheap but if you have a Land Rover with drum brakes, no ABS, and no crumple zones I’d put my money on a tire with a good track record to go and stop me...on the road and off-road.

One person called me a snob that not everyone could afford an expensive tire...to that person I suggested that a vintage Land Rover is not for them and that they should consider a modern rig. About a yr later that person had a blow out due to a sidewall that wasn’t suited for the weight and off road demands. Guess what they travel with now? Yeah baby BFGs!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hillstrubl

Observer
I was asking because BFGs are reasonably priced for actual name-brand tires (to your point) with a good track record.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
How is having BFG's being a snob?

(he says having 7.5R16KM3s)
Lots of people I know ask me what tire they should go with. I tell them BFGs. They aren’t cheap but if you have a Land Rover with drum brakes, no ABS, and no crumple zones I’d put my money on a tire with a good track record to go and stop me...on the road and off-road.

One person called me a snob that not everyone could afford an expensive tire...to that person I suggested that a vintage Land Rover is not for them and that they should consider a modern rig. About a yr later that person had a blow out due to a sidewall that wasn’t suited for the weight and off road demands. Guess what they travel with now? Yeah baby BFGs!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My buddy with a 2007 Ram 3500 qclb 5.9 Cummins with utility bed and a Callen camper shell gave up on BFG's after repeated sidewall failures in the pnw of Baja aired down for days. He's running Nitto Ridge Grapplers now with zero issues under the same conditions. Same 315-70-17 E rated tires. All tires within load ranges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12