Corn and asparagus on the grill

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Corn I cook in the husk, turning so it gets browned on all sides. Peel of the husk and serve with butter.

Asparagus I rub a little olive oil on them and lightly grill them turning them a couple of times. Keep the flame low or they will burn.

brained

Adventurer
Don't know about asp. but the corn we either put in the pan over the fire with a touch of olive oil or on the upper rack of the portable grill. Frequent turning helps. Better than any boiled corn ever!

THATSALEXUS?

Adventurer
For corn, I just snip the silk off the top and remove any stray leaves, soak it in water and then grill for 20 minutes, turning four times. When it's done the silk will practically fall right off. Leave the husk on and let people remove it right before eating to maintain the heat as long as possible.

Asparagus, I just coat it in a little olive oil, salt and pepper, grill 'till it feels right (maybe ten minutes or so) and then sprinkle with fresh squeezed lemon juice.

CoronaKJ

Adventurer
for asparugus I use tinfoil wrap with olive oil and montreal seasoning, As far as corn I use foil wrap with butter and salt and leave on for 12 minutes and then turn 180degrees and cook for another 12 and call it good.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Best corn on the cobb you will Ever have!

http://www.grilledcornonthecob.com/

The one thing I do different than the link above is, after the corn is done, I pull back the leaves and keep them on the cobb. Thats my handle! Dude! Sweet!

Don't Rinse it like the article says!

This will cool it down too fast!

Just have a cube of butter ready....and salt.

Just spin the cobb on the butter! It will melt on because it's hot!

Then twist, while pouring salt on!

It's Awesome! You can thank me later by cooking some up on the trails!

Now just where is my corn on the cobb......on the grill smiley.....when I need him!

Are you paying attention>?!!!!:sombrero:

Last edited by a moderator:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Asparagus, I just coat it in a little olive oil, salt and pepper, grill 'till it feels right (maybe ten minutes or so) and then sprinkle with fresh squeezed lemon juice.

Yes the lemon makes all the difference.

cruisertoy

Explorer
mmm I love asparagus on the grill. Like has been said. Olive oil, Kosher salt, garlic powder and a little pepper. Even my three little kids inhale the stuff.

93BLAZER

Explorer
When shopping for corn , look for SWEET corn. I peel the husk and throw it over low on the gas grill uncovered. I brush it with a melted garlic butter mixture with a little cajun seasoning. Turn the flame up after 15 minutes to charr it just a bit.

Asparagus is pretty much the same, I like to use EVOO, sea salt, pepper from a pepper grinder and fresh squeezed lemon right after its scooped up from the grill.

Red Bell peppers and yellow squash, poblano peppers, and zuchinni are equally great on the grill.

When I grill, I like to keep the lid open, unless I'm smoking something (on the grill that is)

***Bear in mind that when you grill vegetables or anything on the grill, you MUST (emphasis on the word "must") be drinking a ice cold Pacifico Clara or Negro Modelo beer.

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
mmm corn wize

I peel and clean- put in silver foil with butter and salt

Chuck in the coals and turn often- you could remove and brown if required
but juicy savory is fine with me.

asparagus.........expencive weeds:coffeedrink:

S

Scenic WonderRunner

mmm corn wize

I peel and clean- put in silver foil with butter and salt

Chuck in the coals and turn often- you could remove and brown if required
but juicy savory is fine with me.

asparagus.........expencive weeds:coffeedrink:

Um...!

If you "Peel" .....(That's shuck, in the USA).....you have not lived!:victory::ylsmoke:

.....hehe!

I'm telling you....it's the cooking in the husk that makes the deal! The flavor of the corn leaves...seals the deal! I taught this to my relatives in Minnesota of all places, and they said it was the best corn on the cobb they have ever tasted. And they had never done this before!

Just please try it once and......Report!:sombrero:

Now just where is my cookin' corn husk smiley when I need him>?!!!:wings:

Aloha!

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Around here corn comes either celophane wrapped and de-loused

or in a can :arabia: :26_16_2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears