Coroners Ambulance Looking for wiring help

Going to build out this as a trailer camper but from what I read this this probably the best place to post this. Mods please move if need be.

The main use will be for a she shed/office for my wife but I would like to take it to our hunting property or even out west one day.

When I bought this cab the inverter was already removed. I have a solar panel and two deep cycle batteries to install.

I would like to run shore power to power the lights and 120v sockets. Does anyone have information on what inverters these came with? Or what inverters with a built in transfer switch would be able to power a, the outlets, fridge, and water heater(sparingly).

I am glad to be here, I have a ton of questions to ask. I would love to see an example of someone putting these on a trailer. Especially one with a slight lift and AT tires.PXL_20231211_172049822.jpg

It should be very easy to build a frame for, although it might be a very heavy trailer relative to its size. There is a sub section here about 12V / Solar / Wiring and will answer all your power questions a hundred times over.
PXL_20231220_174946320.jpg

This is the trailer I picked up for it. The frame is the perfect width to fit like the f450 chassis. The biggest issue being obvious the two axles are 6' and would be a massive rollover hazard.

I need a single 8' axle with electric brakes. I have thought about getting a take-off mobile home axle but a bit of research says that it might not be the most reliable option. I've found some on FB marketplace for $80 plus $20 wheels and tires. A new axle will cost me $1100 minimum.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Every time I’ve gotten in to significantly modifying a trailer, I’ve come back to the painful understanding that it would have been cheaper and easier to start from scratch.

Considering that the box is designed for a truck, have you considered getting a full ton truck axle and springs?

Here in a junkyard, that might only be 300-500. Usually I don’t believe in doing that, many reasons, but you could get the brakes and everything else at the appropriate size and then set up surge brakes.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
The upfitters use all sorts of (brands)things, no standard. As far as the other questions, check out the sub section about wiring specifically. I like Victron, but there are many options with pass-through power.

iggi

Ian
They typically came with the Vanner 1050. 1000 watt, modified sine with built in battery charger and shore power pass through.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
I’d recommend a pure sine 2000 watt. The Renogy unit I’m running seems decent and was reasonably priced. I’ve got a separate 4 stage charger. So far no transfer switch… but one day it will be there also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998