Cortes Campers

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Anyone have the scoop on Cortes Campers? Looks like they are out of Cleveland but it does not look like they are MFG there but I am guessing. Possibly made in Asia? Look interesting.

TGK

I checked out there website & FB page in the summer after a friend mentioned them. I’ve checked several times since and have not seen any activity or updates. Also sent an e-mail and got no response. Sounds to me like they are having a delay at the very least or floundering in trying to get started.

Yes, a scam. IIRC they changed the windows on a Casita, painted it and used it for their photos. Several threads on FGRV and elsewhere.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Well looks like the Cortes did make it to market. I walked through one at a dealer in TX

I will say it has kind of a cool vibe about it. It is smaller and a pavement princess for sure. It does have timbrens but I do not believe the are 3500HD. Ground clearance is very low. The said aluminum chassis last year but it looks like that changed to steel to me. If your in this market for 48k I would probably go Castila or escape.

Thier website says its under 8 feet tall with out ac. It does have drop 4 timbrens so that's possible but I did not measure so verify that if you want to garage at 8ft. 4 season capable I would do a deep dive into that. If you can verify these specs and need to garage and want 4 season capability and only gave 3,500 pound towing capacity this maybe worth a look

Last edited:

EPO

Well looks like the Cortes did make it to market. I walked through one at a dealer in TX

I will say it has kind of a cool vibe about it. It is smaller and a pavement princess for sure. It does have timbrens but I do not believe the are 3500HD. Ground clearance is very low. The said aluminum chassis last year but it looks like that changed to steel to me. If your in this market for 48k I would probably go Castila or escape.

Thier website says its under 8 feet tall with out ac. It does have drop 4 timbrens so that's possible but I did not measure so verify that if you want to garage at 8ft. 4 season capable I would do a deep dive into that. If you can verify these specs and need to garage and want 4 season capability and only gave 3,500 pound towing capacity this maybe worth a look

I've gotten to the point that I don't believe most anything I read regarding specs in this industry. Can't tell you how many times a website says < 8 ft. for example but when measured, it's higher. And it's been called to people's attention yet the lies continue. Pretty disgusting industry overall to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12